Welcome to the AES Media Center
Welcome to the AES Media Center! We are an open access library, so children may visit the library to browse and checkout anytime through out the day, as well as, before and after school. Classes and class checkout times are flexible and scheduled approximately every other week depending on need and instruction. Parents are welcome too! Parents may visit the library before and after school, including during the school day and may use the library to checkout materials.
Check Out Policies
Students are encouraged to always reading a current book and have their "next" book title ready. The number of items students may checkout varies according to grade level.
Pre-Kindergarten & Kindergarten - 1 book
First & Second Grades - 2 books
Third - Fifth Grades - 3 books
Books and magazines are checked out for 14 days.
At the beginning of each school year, students are taught Digital Citizenship using curriculum resources from Common Sense Media. If you have any questions, please contact our Media Specialist, Rebecca Rotoloni.
A Universe of Stories! Summer Reading Program
- Visit the Atlanta-Fulton Public Library site at http://afpls.org/ for more information and to sign-up for the program.
- Students will record the book titles they read in their online account from June 1-July 31. After reading the required number of books, AFPLS will send a completion email informing you to visit the library to claim your prize.
- Also, AES hosts a Summer Reading Ice Cream Party, sponsored by the PTO on August 30th. Log into your account and print out your certificate of completion or the completion email and bring it to the Media Center when school begins to get signed up to participate in the party!
Fulton County Summer Reading Resources
Fulton County Media Services has put together a one-stop shop to make summer reading a breeze! Follow this link to get the info on reading! https://www.fcssummerreading.org/
What you'll find:
- Parents and students are encouraged to a Summer Reading Pledge. Then they can use the site to find book recommendations throughout the summer, all tailored to a student's interests and Lexile score.
- Free access to thousands of enhanced digital books plus daily news articles available in Renaissance myON® Reader starting May 6, 2019 through August 31, 2019 at www.myON.com
- Fulton county schools 2019 summer reading lists for all ages.
Make reading a part of your summer adventures!