Alpharetta Elementary, located in historic Alpharetta, Georgia, offers a challenging curriculum combined with activities to support each child's personal development. Rich in history, Alpharetta Elementary opened in 1956 to serve a rural community. Alpharetta Elementary has evolved over the years into a modern facility changing to serve its current population. Active parent involvement and support help maintain the small town spirit within this modernized school.
2008 "ENERGY STAR for Schools" Award 2008-2009 "Evergreen School Program" Award 2009-2010 "Clean Air School" by Georgia Clean Air Campaign 2010-2011 "ENERGY STAR for Schools" Award 2011-2012 "ENERGY STAR for Schools" Award
Alpharetta Elementary History
Alpharetta Elementary School was established in 1956 at its present location on Mayfield Road. Prior to that, the elementary school occupied the same building with Milton High School. Initially, it was named Milton Elementary School and then renamed Elmwood Elementary School. Later, at the request of a citizen's committee to the Board of Education, the name was changed to Alpharetta Elementary School.