Menu Changes for May 13, 14 and 15
Wednesday, May 13
Ms. Vickeye's Cookout
Grilled Mini Hotdog
Thursday, May 14
Carrot & Celery Sticks
Friday, May 15
Volunteer Registration Process
As you know, with the advent of our new sign in system our volunteer registration process changed. You only need to complete the process once every two years. Our volunteer process is as follows:
1. Register at http://www.fultoncountyschoolssafetysecurity.org/
2. Complete the mandatory online training.
3. Complete the volunteer application.
4. Please allow 48 hours for your application to be processed before you visit a school to volunteer.
5. When you arrive at a school for your first volunteer assignment, please present your government identification (i.e. driver's license, state issued ID cards, Mexican consular cards, green cards, military ID) to verify your identity.
In the coming weeks, we will have MANY opportunities for volunteers. Please ensure the above process is complete 48 hours prior to your volunteer assignment, this includes all field day volunteers. Remember, the volunteer process must be completed, including scanning your license even if you are registered as a visitor.
Please call the school if you have any questions with the process.
Alpharetta Elementary Team Goes "Over the Edge" for Special Olympics
An AES team consisting of principal, Adam Maroney, Stacia Hastings, Amanda Groover, Wendy Bendit, and Kathleen Blackburn will go "Over the Edge" for Special Olympics Georgia on May 2nd. The team will rappel 20-stories off the Buckhead Tower in support of this event.
To raise funds and awareness for Special Olympics, the AES team held a "Stuck for a Buck" fundraiser. Students were able to purchase pieces of duct tape which they then used to taped Mr. Maroney to the wall.
To make a donation to support our AES team, please go to
Charter Schools FAQ
Need quick information about the Charter System? Click here to read Fulton County's Frequently Asked Questions information sheet.
Fulton County Schools' charter system status officially began on July 1, 2012. As a charter system, the district is well positioned to drive system-wide gains in student achievement by unleashing the innovative energies of our local school leaders and their communities. Please take a moment to view this video and white paper to learn more about the exciting work that is happening through Fulton County's charter system status!
You must re-register every year to volunteer in a Fulton County school. Please go on line and re-register for the 2014-2015 school year. Below are the steps to register.
Register at the Fulton County Schools Volunteer Page.
Complete the mandatory online training.
- Complete the volunteer application.
- Wait for a confirmation email from Fulton County Schools.
Visit the school and begin volunteering.