A Brief History
Conley Hills was named in honor of John L. Conley a member of a prominent family who was instrumental in establishing the City of East Point. The “Hills” part of the school name came from the fact that the hill behind the school is the highest point in East Point. The school officially opened on September 14, 1953. It was the sixth school built in the East Point area for students.
The 1960’s were a decade a change for Conley Hills. The school became integrated in 1967 with two African American teachers and in 1969 with its first African American student.
In the late 1980’s Conley Hills underwent a major renovation to upgrade the building. The school reopened for the 1990-91 school year with 700 students and 80 staff members.
Conley Hills has been in existence for nearly 58 years and continues to serve the students of East Point.