Academics and Activities
- Received the Platinum Award from the Governor’s Office of Student Achievement for having the highest percentage of students meeting and exceeding academic standards
- Received the Georgia State Superintendent’s Achievement Award for first grade performance on the math portion of the CRCT
- Named Exemplary Elementary School Media Center by Georgia State Board of Education
- More that 40 member of the public safety community visited Findley Oaks Elementary on Special Events Day to share with students how members of state, local, and federal agencies work together to provide for the safety of our community.
- Held an International and Fine Arts night featuring the cultural diversity of our community, and showcasing the artwork of each of our students
- Six students were recognized by the North Fulton Council for their Reflections art submission. One student participated at the state level.
- The Findley Oaks PTA received the Outstanding Local Unit award, the Model PTA award, the Connect With Council award, the Visionary Pin and Certificate, the Platinum Membership certificate, and the Oak Tree membership certificate from the North Fulton Council of PTAs
- Peer tutoring program pairs upper grade students with younger students who would benefit from weekly assistance in content areas
- Findley Oaks is an Evergreen School
- The Science Force hands-on science program conducted parent led science labs at all grade levels
- As part of our PTA sponsored reading program, students read collectively over 1,700,000 pages during the year
- Findley Oaks received the Golden Apple award for volunteer participation in our school.
- The Student Environmental Club promotes environmental awareness through school-wide recycling and attention to our campus environment
- Participated in a partnership with Northview High School to provide high school student mentors who helped in classrooms and worked with students.
- Findley Oaks is a Heart Safe School as designated by Children's Healthcare of Atlanta’s "Project S.A.V.E."
Other Notable Achievements
- Named an EnergyStar school by the United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Recipient of Lowe’s outdoor education grant
- Findley Oaks faculty participated in the second annual Johns Creek Relay for Life
- Participated in winter coat drive to benefit less fortunate members of our community
- Student council and PTA conducted a mid-winter canned food drive to benefit less fortunate members of our community
- Through a partnership with our PTA and community, we were able to install interactive whiteboards in our 3rd grade classrooms, complementing the boards already in place in the 4th and 5th grades.