Gullatt's Teacher of the Year
Ms. Candyce Heath
Gullatt's Professional of the Year
Ms. Melisa Sanford
Test-Taking Tips, Suggestions & Strategies
1. Get a good night's sleep, and eat a good breakfast. Eat protein that morning-for the brain benefits.
2. When feeling anxious, take 5 deep breaths every once in a while. Know that
guessing doesn't count against you.
3. Listen carefully to directions: Make a point to listen closely to any test directions that are read aloud. Read through written directions at least twice before starting on a test section to ensure that you do not misinterpret them.
4. Multiple-choice: Don't rush. On multiple-choice items, force yourself to read each possible choice carefully before selecting an answer.
5. Skip difficult items until last. On timed tests, you should avoid getting bogged down on difficult items that can cause you to use up all of your time.
Online Security For Parents
This year Fulton County has put a number of security procedures in place. The first is an online training and certification form indicating that you fully understand your responsibilities as a mandated reporter per new state law. We are happy to provide computer access in our Media Center for anyone who does not have Internet access at home. There you can watch the video and complete the forms for volunteering.
After viewing the video, there are two forms that must be submitted before parents are allowed to visit their child's class in any capacity. This includes, but not limited to, as a room parent, parent volunteer, parent reader, or to visit during a class celebration. While we always want to encourage parent involvement, we have to make sure we know who is in our building at all times. Again, safety is always our number one priority.
Please complete these forms and submit prior to visiting the school to volunteer. You may send them to your child's homeroom teacher. Once we receive these two forms from you we will create a spreadsheet that is housed at the front desk. This will make the process of checking in with your photo ID much quicker and easier.
Thank you for your assistance as we work together to make our school a safe environment for all students.
EVERY DAY IS DIGITAL LEARNING DAY!
EXTERNAL LINK DISCLAIMER: