Mission and Vision
Heards Ferry Mission:
To challenge and support all students to reach their highest potential.
Heards Ferry Vision:
The vision of Heards Ferry Elementary as a member of the Riverwood International Cluster is to deliver a challenging curriculum that gives all students the tools needed to be successful, contributing members of our nation and the world.
Teaching students how to think, not what to think.
Heards Ferry Updates
* In an effort to improve system practices, Fulton County School System is conducting a Parent Survey. We value your opinion and ask that you take the time to complete this survey. In order to complete the survey, please go to: http://www.advanc-ed.org/survey/public/0530556 Please be assured that your responses to this survey will be anonymous. Your honest opinion is appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.
* Heards Ferry Soars With Excitement About IB. Check out the NEW!!! HFE IB website, click on the icon in the "Quick Links for Parents" section.
* TWO EXCITING EVENTS:
Parents, please be mindful of how your child is feeling and when to keep your child home.
· Fever-(temperature over 100.4) in the last 24 hours
· Stomach problems- vomiting more than once or frequency of loose stools
· Bad cough/cold-trouble breathing
· Rashes/sores-body rash that is possibly contagious and has not been seen by a doctor or rash/sore which is draining.
With school being back in, students are in close proximity to each other. There are common health illnesses for school age children, not limited to Colds, Flu , Pink eye, Strep Throat, and Head Lice. Please assist the school with encouraging your student to wash hands frequently and/or use hand sanitizer, covering their mouth when coughing and sneezing, and to use tissue and discard appropriately in the trash.
Remind your child not to share personal items (combs, brushes, scarves, hats, jackets).
There are also students who may have allergies to various foods. It is very important that students do not trade or share foods/snacks with other students.
We welcome visitors and volunteers to our school! Many procedures have been put into place by our school district to ensure the safety of all students when a visitor or volunteer is on campus. Sometimes these processes can seem cumbersome, but we appreciate your patience in helping us maintain our number one focus; the safety of our children!
Please find out more information in the "Quick Link for Parents".
School tours will be held on the third Wednesday of each month, starting in October. For more information or to sign up email Helen Powell, email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter! @hfeeagles