Mission and Vision
Heards Ferry Mission:
To challenge and support all students to reach their highest potential.
Heards Ferry Vision:
The vision of Heards Ferry Elementary as a member of the Riverwood International Cluster is to deliver a challenging curriculum that gives all students the tools needed to be successful, contributing members of our nation and the world.
Teaching students how to think, not what to think.
Heards Ferry Updates
* Because Fulton County is becoming a charter system, this allows us the opportunity to request flexibility in the way we operate on a day-to-day basis and cater our operations to fit the unique needs of our school. We are proposing to alter our school calendar in the 2015-2016 school year to add 2 consecutive professional learning days for teachers. These days will be focused around International Baccalaureate training for staff. Please give us your feedback by completing this form and turning it into the front office by December 4, 2014.
- Request for Flexibility
- Strategic Plan Overview 2013-2016
Enter "Sir Readalot's Castle" at the Fall Scholastic Book Fair in the media center "Kingdom of Books", Tuesday November 18 – Friday November 21! Hours are Tuesday through Thursday 7 – 3 and Friday from 7 - 12, with a special Grandparents Event on Tuesday from 3 – 4. Parents can shop any time during open hours. If you would like to volunteer, please sign up at HFE Eagle Alliance Website, under Volunteers, Book Fair or contact Connie Lee at email@example.com. All proceeds go to our Media Center.
* In an effort to improve system practices, Fulton County School System is conducting a Parent Survey. We value your opinion and ask that you take the time to complete this survey. In order to complete the survey, please go to: http://www.advanc-ed.org/survey/public/0530556 Please be assured that your responses to this survey will be anonymous. Your honest opinion is appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.
* Heards Ferry Soars With Excitement About IB. Check out the NEW!!! HFE IB website, click on the icon in the "Quick Links for Parents" section.
Parents, please be mindful of how your child is feeling and when to keep your child home.
· Fever-(temperature over 100.4) in the last 24 hours
· Stomach problems- vomiting more than once or frequency of loose stools
· Bad cough/cold-trouble breathing
· Rashes/sores-body rash that is possibly contagious and has not been seen by a doctor or rash/sore which is draining.
With school being back in, students are in close proximity to each other. There are common health illnesses for school age children, not limited to Colds, Flu , Pink eye, Strep Throat, and Head Lice. Please assist the school with encouraging your student to wash hands frequently and/or use hand sanitizer, covering their mouth when coughing and sneezing, and to use tissue and discard appropriately in the trash.
Remind your child not to share personal items (combs, brushes, scarves, hats, jackets).
There are also students who may have allergies to various foods. It is very important that students do not trade or share foods/snacks with other students.
We welcome visitors and volunteers to our school! Many procedures have been put into place by our school district to ensure the safety of all students when a visitor or volunteer is on campus. Sometimes these processes can seem cumbersome, but we appreciate your patience in helping us maintain our number one focus; the safety of our children!
Please find out more information in the "Quick Link for Parents".
School tours will be held on the third Wednesday of each month, starting in October. For more information or to sign up email Helen Powell, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter! @hfeeagles