Registration for New Students
The following documents must be brought in at the time of registration. Registration folders may be picked up any time before registration.
- Original Birth Certificate (no Hospital Certificates)
- Legal Guardianship Papers, if applicable
- Social Security Card (originals only) or Waiver
- GA Form# 3300 – Ear, Eye and Dental Examination Certificate
- GA Form # 3231 – Immunizations Certificate
- Proof of Residence (2 types): Lease or Mortgage Statement and current utility bill. No phone or cable bills will be accepted. More information in English and Spanish.
- Parent Photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport, etc.)
Please call Donna Lagimoniere at 470-254-9458, if you have questions regarding registration or registration documents.
In more detail:
Board Policy and Procedure JBC – “School Admissions," a student residing full-time within the Fulton County School System is eligible to attend a Fulton County school under the following criteria:
- The dwelling in which the student resides must appear on the tax rolls of Fulton County.
- The student resides with his/her parent or legal guardian.
- The student resides with a foster parent through placement by the Department of Family and Children Services or a state licensed child placement agency.
- The student is an adult still meeting entrance age requirements (see
Policy JBB - "Entrance Age").
- The student is an emancipated minor.
- The student is homeless (See
Policy JBCA - "School Admissions for Homeless Students").
Georgia law requires that children must be five years old by September 1 in order to enroll in kindergarten and to enroll in first grade, children must be six years old by September 1. The only exceptions are:
- Students who are age five by December 31 and who have lived outside the state of Georgia for the past two years and have enrolled in a public or accredited private kindergarten may enroll in public kindergarten in Georgia.
- Students who are six by December 31 and who have lived outside the state of Georgia for the past two years and have completed public or accredited private kindergarten or have attended a public or accredited private first grade may enroll in first grade in Georgia.
To enroll in Fulton County Schools, the student's parent or legal guardian must be a resident of the school system.