The purpose of the School Governance Council is to provide parents, school staff, and community members with a leadership role in the management of the school. The School Governance Council is a governing body that is representative of the community and the school, but operates under the control and management of the Board of Education. The Council is responsible for making decisions regarding the strategic direction of the school including:
- Approve the school strategic plan and updates
- Approve the annual budget and annual resource allocations
- Interface with the schools’ Title I Committee
- Manage the Request for Flexibility process
- Participate in hiring the principal (in the case of a vacancy)
- Provide annual feedback on principal performance.
Ison Springs Strategic Plan
Our SGC worked with the leadership team to create and approve the Strategic Plan. There are three long-term goals which includes:
- Students will demonstrate high levels of technology literacy.
- Students will demonstrate academic growth in all content areas.
- Increase students' leadership and service within the school and community.
For additional details regarding the school's plan, view the Strategic Plan and Overview.
Strategic Plan Monitoring Tool (Semester 1)
Strategic Plan Monitoring Tool (Semester 2)
Please contact Council Members below with issues and/or questions.
SGC Full Roster