Lake Windward School Profile Survey
We are now working to fill the Principal vacancy with the best candidate possible for our school. The first step in this process is to build a unique profile for Lake Windward. We will use this valuable information to select the most qualified candidates to proceed to a school level interview. In order to build a school profile and obtain stakeholder input, a survey has been created. The survey is standard across the district and was developed by the Fulton County Talent Division to determine the critical competencies needed of the school leadership specific to each school.
A Message from our PTA
Dear LWE Families (If you are 2015 5th grade only please ignore)
We hope your summer is going well and not too fast!
As many of you know, School Collabo will no longer be available at the end of June. The LWE PTA is currently looking for a school website and/or communication tool replacement. We would also love the help of any parent or parents with website building experience to help with this process. If you are able to help, please contact Kristen Vance firstname.lastname@example.org or Tricia Mixon email@example.com.
Thank you and enjoy the rest of your summer.
LAKE WINDWARD ADMINISTRATION SUMMER RELOCATION INFORMATION:
May 28, 2015 - July 31, 2015
Creek View Elementary
3995 Webb Bridge Road, Alpharetta 30005
SPLOST Capital Improvements for Lake Windward
This summer we have some exciting renovations happening at LWE as part of the county's SPLOST capital improvement work. Starting on May 28, 2015, administration will relocate to Creek View Elementary for the summer during construction. You can continue to access administration using email/phone and in person at Creek View over the summer, but please do NOT come up to the LWE campus this summer as there will be quite a bit of construction going on.
SPLOST Capital Improvements at LWE include:
- New entry vestibule
- Replace exterior storefront doors and windows as needed
- New flooring and base in corridors, media center, counseling, administration and cafeteria
- Interior doors sanded and stained
- New laminate surfaces and mill work in front entry area and inner office
- Install new base and upper cabinets and countertops in all classrooms
- All blackboards replaced with new marker boards in classrooms
- New blinds in classrooms
- New restroom layout (floor, fixtures, paint) and accessories in the 4th/5th grade hallway
- New sinks, partitions, fixtures in gym bathrooms
- Stage resurfaced, sanded and sealed
- New kitchen roof top unit installation and vent hood
- Replace existing gas heaters with six new instantaneous gas water heaters
- Replacing all water source heat pumps located on the mezzanine platforms above each classroom
- New H.I.D. lights in the gym
- Relocation of existing floor outlets to drop ceiling outlets in the kitchen serving line
- New 80kw emergency gas generator
- Replace existing light fixtures in all corridors, administration, kitchen, media center and 4th/5th restroom
After the construction is complete, we have a vision to create a more 21st century media center. Our goal is redesign our media center so that it is not just a hub to check in and out resources, but a place where students can collaborate, discover, share, create and explore! Future plans include creating flexible learning spaces by having easily movable furniture, adding comfy seating, having access to a variety of technology tools and creating flexible learning common areas for large and small group instruction. By investing in movable furniture, it will allow us to create various spaces for learning and teaching as well as hold meetings/trainings for staff and parents. After our SPLOST project is complete, this will be the perfect time for us to embark on this journey to reimage our library into a highly engaged community center for teaching and learning!