REMINDER: No School on Friday, August 28!
On Friday, August 28, 2015 Mimosa Teachers will have their first of four Professional Development Days for this school year. Additional Professional Development Days this school year include: October 30, January 29, and March 25.
Curriculum Nights Coming Soon!
Wednesday, 9/9/15 5:30-7:30pm for PreK, K, 2nd, & 4th grades
Thursday, 9/10/2015 5:30-7:30pm for 1st, 3rd, & 5th grades
Mimosa Elementary is now
Partnering with Kroger!
You can earn money for Mimosa just by shopping at Kroger. Just register your Kroger Plus card at krogercommunityrewards.com and enroll Mimosa Elementary as your organization of choice. Mimosa's NPO number is 50948.
Once you are enrolled, Mimosa earns money each time you shop and swipe your rewards card!
Sign up for text & email Reminders from
the Parent Resource Center!
-To receive messages via text, text @e3fb53 to (706) 621-5621. You can opt-out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @e3fb53'
- Or to receive messages via email, send an email to email@example.com. To unsubscribe, reply with 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
For more information: English Spanish
Volunteer Requirements for Fulton County Schools
A volunteer is one who performs a duty that a staff member could also perform. (reading to your child's class, making copies, working in the media center, etc…)
Fulton County Schools values and promotes active engagement of the community in all of our schools. Thousands of individuals serve as volunteers in our schools each year. Volunteer opportunities may include:
- Serving as tutors, mentors, or guest speakers
- Providing assistance in classrooms, cafeteria, library, or main office
- Organizing student enrichment and recognition activities
- Supporting special events, athletics, and school planning council
How do I become a volunteer?
- Register at the Fulton County Schools Volunteer Page.
- Complete the mandatory online training.
- Complete the volunteer application.
- Wait for a confirmation email from Fulton County Schools.
- Visit the school and begin volunteering.
Upon entering the school to volunteer you will be asked to show your ID, sign in on our computer, and wear a name tag for the duration of your visit. Please make sure the name tag is clearly visible at all times.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have volunteered in the past, you must still update your training every year!