Relay For Life
Welcome to our team page! We hope you will join in our efforts to fight cancer. Please visit our Relay for Life team page for more information and perhaps sign up to join our team. The Roswell Relay for Life event will be Saturday April 26, 2014 from Noon – midnight at Roswell High School.
* Northwood's Relay for Life team page
* Relay For Life of Roswell
Consistent with district support of the American Cancer Society, Northwood ES has championed “Relay for Life.” We are proud to have been involved with this worthwhile organization for 11 years! The money that our Relay team raises is directly donated to ACS for cancer research, promoting cancer awareness and benefitting cancer patients in our community through a variety of programs. Northwood’s team includes teachers, staff, parents, and students. The main goal of this team is to celebrate survivorship, remember those who we have lost to cancer, and fight back against this dreaded disease. We all have been touched by cancer in some way or the other. As a community we can make a huge difference in the fight against cancer. Did you know that FCBOE school teams have been responsible for approximately 60% of the funds raised for ACS at the Roswell Relay for Life events for the last three years? We are proud to say that Northwood’s Relay team has been in 2nd place for fund raising for the past three years. Yes, together we want to create a world with less cancer and more birthdays!
Relay for Life is an event sponsored by ACS. All funds raised directly go back to ACS.
Northwood Relay Events:
* Beginning of the year All-School Kickball Game – September
* Chick-fil-A Nights – includes prizes for the students!
* Parent’s Night Out – Dec. & March–leave the kids to have fun with us while you go out!
* “Brain Pops” – spring – celebrate your success as a Northwood student
* Annual 5th Grade vs Staff Kickball Game - spring