Capital programs provide the resources our students and staff use every day, including the school buses our students ride, the construction and renovations of our school learning environments, the technology and equipment used for learning and teaching, safety enhancements that protect our students, the fields our students play on and even the furniture students and staff sit on each day.
There are three options for funding school system capital plans.
- Maintenance and Operations Millage
- General Obligation Bond
- SPLOST / Penny Sales Tax
Our Board of Education is calling for a vote on reauthorizing the current SPLOST (penny sales tax) to help fund our capital program. The election date is scheduled for May 24th, 2016. Learn more about these options (English -
- Oakley Elementary School hours are 7:40 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
- Staff is on duty to help with the unloading of cars and buses beginning at 7:10 a.m.
- Students are to be dropped off at the front of the school, not the bus zone.
- Parents: Students must be picked up by 2:40 p.m. daily.
- Please make arrangements to have your child picked up by the appropriate time.
- Dismissal begins promptly at 2:20 p.m.
CAR RIDER LOOP ALERT
For the safety of our children
DO NOT SPEED on school property, especially in the car loop lane. Observe the speed limit and remember slower is better.
External Link Disclaimer