Ice Cream Social for New Students on Wednesday, August 6:
Kindergarten / new students and their parents are invited to a "meet and greet" on Wednesday, August 6, 2014, at 3:00-4:30 P.M. in our school cafeteria. At this PTA-sponsored ice cream event, you will have the opportunity to purchase spirit wear, join PTA, visit with kindergarten students, parents, teachers and staff.
Please join us at our Open House on Thursday, August 7:
Last Name A-L: 3:30-5:00
Last Name M-Z: 5:00-6:30
Open House will be your opportunity to:
- Complete and submit an affidavit of residence, which is required each school year.
- Locate your child’s name on one of the class lists posted in the school gymnasium.
- Visit your child’s classroom and meet his/her teacher.
- Go to the Media Center to find your child’s bus schedule or register for a carpool number. Bus stop information is available after August 1, 2014, at the Fulton County website, http://www.fultonschools.org. Click “Students and Parents” followed by “Transportation.”
- Go to the Cafeteria to purchase a meal ticket or complete lunch forms, join the PTA, buy new spirit wear, learn about the school foundation, and select from many after-school activities (YMCA Primetime, chess, Scouts, Spanish, French, keyboarding, band, orchestra…)
- Vote for parent members to participate on the Local School Council.
Curriculum Nights on August 26 & 28:
Tuesday, August 26, 2014:
6:00 – 7:00 p.m. - Grades 2 & 3
Thursday, August 28, 2014:
5:30 – 6:30 p.m. - Grades PSE, Kindergarten, and 1
7:00 – 8:00 p.m. - Grades 4 & 5
You will have the opportunity to visit your child’s classroom, begin to form a relationship with the classroom teacher, as well as learn about the grade-level curriculum, daily schedule, and other classroom activities.