Dear Parents of our K-2nd Graders,
Students in K-2nd grades will participate in the Think First, Stay Safe curriculum during the week of April 23rd, 2018. The curriculum will be available for parents to preview in the front office from April 10th – April 20th, 2018.
Attached is a permission form that is OPT OUT only. Please only sign and return the form if you DO NOT want your child to participate. Opt out forms are due no later than April 20th.
Please contact Ruth Bowen at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 470-254-8900 for additional details.
You should enroll at Summit Hill Elementary School
after completing online enrollment.
**To enroll NEW students,
please call 470-254-8919 to set up a registration appointment**
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION-ONLINE ENROLLMENT
Fulton County Schools is making it easier for parents of new students to complete their child's registration for enrollment into a Fulton County School. Parents can access the easy-to-complete online form from the green button below. This option allows parents to control the data supplied for their student's enrollment and provide for timely processing of the enrollment request. Parents, please skip the instructions to upload copies of the required supporting documents. You are asked to bring the original required documents to the school so that school personnel may verify the authenticity and obtain copies of the documentation prior to enrollment being completed. A list of required documents for enrollment can be found here.
* * WE NEED YOU FOR CAREER DAY!!! * *
Please save the date for our 5th annual Career Day event! Career Day will be
Tuesday, May 8th.
We will be looking for Career Day speakers to share their careers with our students. (Deadline to sign up is Friday, April 20th) Please see attached form to sign up!
- **NEW THIS YEAR!!** We are looking for college students to share on College Day, Friday, May 11th. If you have a family member or friend in college who might be willing to come share with our students, please have them complete the attached sign up form.
- Please check the PTO website soon for additional volunteer opportunities for College and Career Week (i.e. assistance with signing in speakers, providing food/drink for hospitality room)
Thank you, as always, for your support. These are always such meaningful events for our students!
Contact Ruth Bowen at email@example.com, or 470-254-8900 for additional details.
VOLUNTEER TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR SUMMIT HILL ES
Please note, the volunteer training requirements must be met prior to
volunteering for Summit Hill.
As of July 1, 2012, Georgia law states that all school volunteers are now
MANDATED REPORTERS and are required to report any suspected child
abuse or neglect.
How do I become a volunteer?
- Register using the link above.
- Complete the mandatory online training.
- Complete the volunteer application.
- Wait for a confirmation email from Fulton County Schools.
- Visit the school and begin volunteering.
CHANGES IN TRANSPORTATION
Changes in dismissal must always be communicated with your child's homeroom teacher prior to the start of his/her school day.
- Bus changes will only be permitted for child care emergencies. When possible, notes from home should be provided to the teacher in the morning. If a note has not been sent at the beginning of the day to your child's teacher, please send your change to the Front Desk email: Megan Haralson.
- Students having a play date will be dismissed as car riders (a note from home must be provided).
- All early checkouts must be completed prior to 2:10 p.m.
Crisis Assistance and Mental Health Hotline
The attached article serves as a resource for our community for those in crisis. Please review and save for your reference. Please click crisis handoutposter.pdf for more information.
Student Health Forms
If you have a student who has asthma, allergies, seizure disorder or other health-related conditions that require administration of medication or treatment during the school day, please be sure to provide the School Clinic with all necessary information. All Medication Authorization Forms and Health Care Plans may be found on the Student Health Services Website. If you have any questions, please contact the clinic or Judy Reddick RN, Cluster School Nurse, at 404-625-6169.