SAVE the DATE: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 6, 2014
FRESHMAN & NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION:
9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in the Gymnasium
Back by popular demand, we are excited to welcome back author and motivational speaker, Mr. Al Duncan, who will share inspirational tips for students on goal setting, building self-confidence & self-discipline, developing strengths, managing weaknesses, avoiding pitfalls of social media and learning how to be successful in high school. All freshmen who attend will receive a copy of his book, My Success Journal. Please join us for this presentation!
FRESHMAN INFORMATION DAY
continues from 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in Main Building
During Information Day students and parents will have an opportunity to receive an updated class schedule, locate classrooms, meet teachers, learn about sports, clubs & activities, pay fees, turn in required residency affidavits, learn more about our Anchor Time program, learn about the AHS Foundation and join our fabulous PTSA!
Please note that neither textbooks nor lockers will be distributed on Information Day. Lockers may be purchased through advisement classrooms during the first week of school for $15.00, cash or check accepted. Textbooks will be distributed through individual classrooms during the first weeks of school as needed. Supply lists vary by student depending on a student's class schedule. Teachers outline supply needs on course syllabi.
SOPHOMORE, JUNIOR and SENIOR INFORMATION DAY
1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Please note that buildings will be closed between 12:00 - 1:00 for our teachers to have lunch and prepare for sophomores, juniors and seniors.
- Attention anyone interested in playing softball for Alpharetta High School during the Fall of 2014: Tryouts will be held on Friday, August 1st from 4PM-7PM at Lay Raider Field. All players should bring a current physical, proof of insurance, and a concussion acknowledgement form, which can be printed from the athletics page on the school's website. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Coach Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Practice ACT- Register NOW! The Princeton Review results presentation date will be determined but will probably be held the week of July 28th. Registrations will be taken on a first come first served basis! Seats are limited, so act fast! For questions, please contact Karen Bolt at Boltk@fultonschools.org or 770-521-7640 ext. 134.
Celebrations & Highlights
- AHS Winter Guard Wins Gold
- Alpharetta High School named “most challenging high school” in Fulton County by the Washington Post
- FBLA 1st Place Winners Recognized at the May Fulton County Board of Education meeting
- AHS Ranks Big In National French Exam
- Alpharetta High School had the highest number of Outstanding Achievement awards in the State of Georgia Media Festival held earlier this month – with 12 winning projects overall. Winners include Clea Cullen, Olivia Linn, Aneesha Dasari, Elizabeth Gonzales, Avery Wallace, Archan Patel, Brandon Williams, Zade Zafar, Kyle Oglesby, James Barnard, Thomas Meason, Tate Rehklau and, with two awards, Stephanie Reed. This year's results more than doubled the previous total earned by the Raiders.
- The AHS Varsity Ladies Golf Team will compete in the State 6A Ladies State Championships
- Jamie Tesh places 4th at the 2014 GHSA Girls State Track and Field Championship