AP Exam Registration
Open now, closes February 29
Taking the Advanced Placement exams is an important part of all AP courses. Cambridge High School desires that all students take AP exams for the AP classes that they have taken. Scoring well on an AP exam can often earn students college credit for their high school class, saving a significant amount on tuition.
For the 2019 AP exams, students at Cambridge High School will be registering online. This registration will take a few minutes and can be completed from any device with internet access.
The AP exam is free for students currently enrolled in AP courses. Cambridge High School desires that every student be able to take their AP exams. Any current student not enrolled in an AP course, but wishes to sit for an AP exam in a course, will incur a fee of $94 per exam.
Online Exam registration will begin on Monday, January 7, 2019 at 8:00 AM and end on Thursday, February 29, 2019, at 11:59 PM. To register, students should click on the link provide on the school website or visit www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/112129 to register. Students are advised to use a personal e-mail address. To complete registration, students must answer all of the required questions. Registration is not complete until students have printed the .pdf of the confirmation page that is provided at the end. Students that with exam fees should print a copy of the confirmation page, and submit it with a check to Ms. Phairr, in the counseling office. All checks should be made payable to Cambridge High School.
Students that have exam conflicts will need to decide which exam they would like to take on the regularly scheduled date, and which exam they would like to take during the late exam period (May 23 - 25). Be advised that any student with an exam conflict for a language exam (i.e,. French, Latin, or Spanish) MUST take the language exam on the regularly scheduled date.
We know that parents may desire to register their students for exams. We strongly recommend that parents and students are both present while registering to ensure that the correct exams are ordered.
Here are the important dates for the registration process:
Monday, January 7, 2019 at 8:00 AM - Registration Begins
Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 11:59 PM - Registration Ends
Friday, March 1, 2019 at 12:01 AM - Late Registration begins. All exam registrations will incur a $30 late fee.
Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 11:59 PM - Late registration closes. Any late registrations that have not been paid for by Friday, March 8, 2019 will be cancelled, and exams will not be ordered.
Any student that misses his or her exam due to a non-College Board approved excuse, will incur a $30 non-use fee. Checks should be made payable to Cambridge High School.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Phairr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PSAT Scores and Next Steps
Congratulations! If you have a student in grades 9-11, they took the PSAT/NMSQTÂ® at school on October 10, 2018. This test gives students a chance to take the next step to college. Here's what your teen can do to make the most out of their scores
- Log in to or create a College Board account online. PSAT/NMSQT scores will be released online on December 11, 2018. Students should log in to their College Board account to see scores and test performance details. Schools will not have copies of student scores available until next semester.
- Get free, personalized SAT practice. The PSAT/NMSQT is great preparation for the SATÂ®. Your teen's score unlocks a free, personalized practice through Official SAT Practice on Khan AcademyÂ®. Students go to satpractice.org, create an account, and link their College Board and Khan Academy accounts for a plan based on their test results.
- Review AP course recommendations. Student score reports identify AP courses that are the best match for them. AP can give your teen an edge in the admission process and earn them college credit while in high school, which saves time and money in college.
- Explore Careers. When students log in to see their scores, they can connect with Roadmap to Careers. They answer questions to find out which careers interest them, what degrees they'll need, and what high school courses to take. They can watch video interviews with people in professions related to their interests.
- Get started on BigFuture. Students can begin their College Search using BigFutureâ„¢.
- Register for the SAT. Take the next step toward college by registering.
Questions about how to use PSAT/NMSQT scores? Please contact the College Board at www.collegeboard.org or 1-888-477-7728
For technical support or questions about accessing the report through College Board? Please contact the College Board directly at 1-866-630-9305. Cambridge does not have access to students College Board accounts.
2018 - 2019 Testing Schedule
|October 10||PSAT Day|
|December 11 - 15||Milestones EOC|
Economics - December 14 and 15
|December 17 - 20||First Semester Final Exams|
|April 8 - 19||End of Pathways|
|April 22 - May 3||Milestones EOC|
|May 6 - 17||AP Exams|
|May 20 - 23||Second Semester Final Exams|