Notice for Summer GAVS Students Taking Courses Requiring an EOCT
Starting this summer all GAVS/FVS students will take EOCTs in their local school system. Testing sites are assigned according to home school location.
All testing will take place Friday, July 11. The testing locations have been assigned as follows:
If home school is Alpharetta, Cambridge, Milton or Roswell, testing will take place at Alpharetta HS at 12:30 p.m.
If home school is Centennial testing will take place atIndependence HS at 7:30 a.m.
If home school is Langston Hughes, testing will take place at Langston Hughes HS at 7:30 a.m.
If home school is Chattahoochee, Johns Creek or Northview, testing will take place at Northview HS at 12:30 p.m.
If home school is North Springs or Riverwood, testing will take place at Riverwood HS at 7:30 a.m.
If home school is Banneker, Creekside, Tri-Cities or Westlake, testing will take place at McClarin HS at 7:30 a.m.
Students should arrive promptly at their assigned time and bring a photo ID. If you have any questions regarding the EOCT administration, contact the Fulton County Assessment Department at 404-763-5600, ext. 143.
9th Grade Student Orientation and Parent Meeting
Thursday, August 7, from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Read a letter to our rising 9th graders from Dr. Spurka by clicking here.
- Meeting begins at 9:00 am. After the meeting students can walk their schedule and meet teachers. Parents will report to the auditorium to hear from the CHS PTSA, administrators, and participate in a question and answer session.
10th Grade Student Orientation
Thursday, August 7, between 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Students can visit the school between 2:00 pm until 3:00 pm. They will be directed to their advisement class and received schedules and purchase lockers.
11th Grade Student Orientation
Thursday, August 7, between 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Students can visit the school between 3:00 pm until 4:00 pm. They will be directed to their advisement class and received schedules and purchase lockers.
12th Grade Student Meeting and Orientation
Friday, August 8, from 10:00 am – 1:30 pm
- The 12th grade orientation meeting will begin at 10:00 am in the auditorium. Schedules will be distributed prior to the meeting.
- From 11:30 am until 1:30 pm seniors will be provided lunch and a staff senior picture will be taken.
Grade Level Parent Meetings
Monday, August 4
12th Grade Parent Meeting 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Auditorium
* 9th Grade Parent Meeting 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm Auditorium
* Optional 9th Grade Parent Meeting date and time for those who are unable to attend the August 7 Orientation Day
Wednesday, August 6
10th Grade Parent Meeting 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Auditorium
11th Grade Parent Meeting 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm Auditorium
AP/Honors 2014 Summer Assignments
Please click here to access the summer assignments for your Honors/AP courses for the
2014 - 2015 school year.
Summer Office Hours
The administration office will be open during the summer from 10:00am until 2:00pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Summer hours will begin June 3, 2014. Staff can assist with scheduling new student enrollment appointments, work permits, transcripts, and certificate of attendance for DDS.
Active Military/Reserve Parents
Effective 2013-2014, the DOE is requesting that schools identify parents who are active in the military. Active military indicates whether the student has a parent or guardian who is active in the US Armed Forces, including the National Guard or Reserve Forces.
Please contact Liz Pyke at firstname.lastname@example.org if this is applicable to you.
2014 - 2015 PTSA Board Members
Congratulations to our newly elected PTSA Board Members for the 2014 - 2015 school year! Please click on the link below to see the members and their positions.
PTSA Board Members
Future Cambridge Students
The Counseling Department is excited to welcome families to Cambridge High School. An appointment is required to enroll your student. Please contact the school to schedule an appointment by calling 770-667-2883. For families moving into our district this summer, we will be open three days a week in July (see dates and times below). For a list of required documents visit: http://cambridgeguidance.com/prospective-students/
|Tuesday, July 8||Enrollment 10am - 2pm|
|Wednesday, July 9||Enrollment 10am - 2pm|
|Thursday, July 10||Enrollment 10am - 2pm|
|Tuesday, July 15||Enrollment 10am - 2pm|
|Wednesday, July 16||Enrollment 10am - 2pm|
|Thursday, July 17||Enrollment 10am - 2pm|
|Tuesday, July 22||Enrollment 10am - 2pm|
|Wednesday, July 23||Enrollment 10am - 2pm|
|Thursday, July 24||Enrollment 10am - 2pm|
2014 – 2015 Parking Application and Policies
Parking privileges will be given to seniors and juniors only. Seniors will be given first priority, and once all applications are filled, spaces will be assigned to juniors. Once all spaces are full, applications for parking will be placed on a waiting list; first come, first served. Students selected to serve as CLAWS mentors will receive free parking. Sophomores and freshmen will not be allowed parking privileges.
To be approved for a parking space a student cannot have the following infractions in the previous semester:
- revoked parking pass
- no OSS (out-of-school-suspension)
- no more than two (2) administrative detentions
- no academic dishonesty violations
- outstanding fees (textbook, equipment, media center)
A parking space may be revoked for the remainder of the year:
- if a student receives any of the above mentioned infractions
- if a student drives recklessly so as to endanger life or property
- if a student leaves campus without permission
- by an administrator or school resource officer for reasons related to safety, including speeding, violation of any law, or any behavior deemed by the resource officer, or administration, to be inconsistent with the safety of students at Cambridge High School
- if the student accumulates more than ten (10) late arrival tardies (suspended)
Application and Registration Instructions
Students who wish to secure a parking tag for their vehicles must complete a parking application/registration form, found here. Students must complete all information on the application, sign, have parent/guardian sign, and return to the Front Office. The following must accompany this application:
- a copy of a valid Georgia class C or D driver's license, (no learner's permits)
- a copy of your auto insurance policy card
- payment of $100 cash or check payable to Cambridge High School ($50 after 1st semester)
- proof of driver's education class for a 10% reduction