The Georgia Board of Education has approved reorganization of mathematics standards to allow local school systems to again provide Algebra 1 and Geometry courses for students in grades 9- 12. Parents are invited to review materials and provide feedback for these courses from May 6 through June 5 at each Fulton County high school and the North Learning Center (450 Northridge Parkway, Sandy Springs, GA). Displays with print and digital resources will be available daily with feedback gathered via an online survey using smart phones or a computer onsite. Check with your school's front office for directions to the materials and survey. Your feedback – and feedback from teachers – will be used to make recommendations for adoption by the School Board in June. Thank you for your participation.
It is High Time to Register For Summer School at Centennial:
Dear Centennial Families,
Summer School is an excellent opportunity for Centennial students to accelerate or recover credits. Typically, summer school requires hefty tuition ($225 per half credit and $450 per credit). For Summer School 2015, students who need to retake a class (recover a credit) may attend Fulton County Summer School or Fulton Virtual School at NO COST.
A few reminders about credits:
- Total credits required to graduate from high school: 23
- If you do not pass a class, you do not earn the credit.
- Each semester grade earns 0.5 credit.
- Passing both semesters of a class earns one full credit.
- In order to have a sophomore status, you must have 5 credits by August 2015
- In order to have a junior status, you must have 11 credits by August 2015
- In order to have a senior status, you must have 17 credits by August 2015
So, check in with your child about his/her credit situation. If your child needs to recover credits to get back on track for graduation or he/she wants to accelerate, you need to complete an online registration promptly to secure a seat.
There are three options (see attachments for course offerings, dates, and times):
- Face-to-Face courses at Centennial (these are courses that have an EOC)—the courses are for credit recovery and they are FREE
- Fulton Virtual School—credit recovery and acceleration—courses taken for credit recovery are FREE
- Georgia Virtual School—credit recovery and acceleration—all courses require payment $$$
In addition to zero cost, Fulton schools will provide transportation, breakfast, and snack. More information regarding transportation routes and times will be published at a later date.
Remember that Face-to-face and Virtual offerings often provide students with a broader array of options than those available during the school year.
Don't delay; secure your Summer School spot today!
Please do not hesitate to contact your child's counselor or the graduation coach, Ms. Jiram, if you have questions after reviewing the attached information. Click here for the Course Options and here for the Quick Reference Guide.
Walk for Multiple Sclerosis: May 9th 8:30-11:30 a.m. $10 at the door. Come walk to raise money and awareness for multiple sclerosis
More information: adrienne2parks.wix.com/walk-for-ms