Graduate Early? Yes You Can! Independence offers you that opportunity.
Independence High School is an alternative to the traditional high school.
- Differentiated instruction/alternative assessments
- Flexible scheduling which allows for early afternoon and evening work hours
- Encouraging, supportive atmosphere
Independence High School is a choice school that recognizes that one size does not fit all when educating youth. Not all students are successful in the traditional environment. We believe that education should take students from where they are, to where they want to go. We strive to provide opportunities for academic success through alternative approaches to learning in a supportive environment. The goals of Independence High schools are as follows:
• To provide modes of learning to fit the individual needs of students.
• To provide opportunities for flexible scheduling.
• To help students achieve both personally and academically.
• To establish clear expectations and high standards for behavior, attendance, and performance.
• To foster individual responsibility and accountability for learning.
For more detailed information, review the Fulton County Schools Fact Sheet on Non-Traditional/Alternative Schools