The Milton High School guidance and counseling staff, through affective education, is committed to providing services and support to students, school staff, parents, and community to empower each student to achieve his / her educational, career, and personal goals. Please use the chart below to get in contact with your counselor.
NEWS FROM THE GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT
New Student Enrollment Information
We are happy that you are interested in enrolling in Milton High School! To begin the process, we ask that you review and complete all of the documents below and bring those completed documents with you to your enrollment meeting with our Registrar, Michelle Hight.
The following Credit Recovery Options are available for students who have failed a course that needs to be made-up for graduation. Please contact your Counselor for additional information. Credit Recovery Options:
1. Fulton County Virtual Campus ($250) registration details are online at: www.fultonschools.org. Click on Students, and then Click on Virtual Campus.
2. GA Virtual ($250) registration details are online at: http://www.gavirtualschool.org/.
3. Learning Lab at MHS- Plato/GAVS Credit Recovery registration is available with Ms. DeCristofaro in 4301. Please see her once school begins to get a contract. Please note that not all classes are offered with Plato and GAVS Credit Recovery
Dual Enrollment Information for the 2018-2019 School Year
Students interested in dual enrollment for the 2018-2019 school year:
- Pick up a Dual Enrollment Fulton County Contract from room 1340.
- Complete the form with both student and parent signatures and return to Dr. Higgins in room 1340.
- BY MARCH 30TH turn into Dr. Higgins proof that you have submitted an application for enrollment to the university.
- BY MAY 24TH turn into Dr. Higgins proof that you have been accepted to the university.
- When proof of acceptance is turned in the student will receive a Student Participation Agreement and instructions for completing their on-line funding application.
- BY AUGUST 1st turn in copy of official college schedule to Dr. Higgins in room 1340.
- When the official schedule is received the student's Milton schedule will be updated to reflect the college courses.
- You can view approved college courses and their high school equivalents at the following sight: https://apps.gsfc.org/securenextgen/dsp_accel_course_listings.cfm
- Be sure to look up courses by the appropriate year, term and school you are interested in.
- 2017-2018 Dual Enrollment Presentation
- DUAL ENROLLMENT REMIND ACCOUNT: Text @drjhigg to 81010
- Contact Dr. Higgins in the counseling office for dual enrollment support.
Requesting a Transcript
Khan Academy is pleased to offer SAT Prep materials for Fulton County students. Please review the following links for more information regarding these resources:
Khan Academy SAT Prep Information
Linking Khan Academy and College Board Accounts