Milton Theatre Company attended the annual THESCON 2020 Conference in Columbus, Georgia last weekend. They loved teaching cirque workshops to over 100 schools, attending workshops, seeing all the awesome shows, performing their show SHENANDOAH at the Bill Heard Theatre, repping opening & closing ceremony numbers with their two All-State kids, showcasing their various IE's + receiving multiple "superior" ratings + going to main stage for our costuming IE, teching with our awesome crew and winning multiple tech awards, college auditioning, receiving a ThesCon college scholarship, donating to Broadway Cares, being recognized with the highest honor of being a GOLD TROUPE, #6168 and most of all experiencing the outstanding conference with 6,000 fellow thespians across our state of GA! Way to REP the M!
- MAIN STAGE Individual Event Winner: KATE HARTIGAN
- MAIN STAGE Student Achievement College Scholarship: KATE HARTIGAN
- MAIN STAGE Tech Challenge 1st Place Overall: MILTON
- MAIN STAGE Light Hang & Focus Winner: MADDIE PAINTER
- MAIN STAGE Tech Challenge Leg A Platform Winner: MILTON
- MAIN STAGE Largest School Donations for Broadway Cares: MILTON
- MAIN STAGE Gold Honor Troupe: MILTON
- OVERALL SUPERIOR IE DUET: COLLIER ROGERS & SARAH CHARLES LEWIS
- OVERALL SUPERIOR IE DUET: AUTUMN BRISTOW & SARAH GRACE HUTCHINSON
- OVERALL SUPERIOR IE GROUP NUMBER: SALLY BLUMBERG, AUTUMN BRISTOW, ADDI BENDALL, FELIPE CRISTANCHO, ROHAN DHUME, JACKSON DUNLAP, BLAKE FERRANTE, OLIVIA OWENS, MADELINE PARKER, ALI WILEY, AXEL ZIVIC
- EXCELLENCE MUSICAL IE TRIO: BLAKE KERZIE, LISA O'BRIEN, EMMA STRATMAN
- ALL-STATE MAIN STAGE Opening & Closing Numbers: COLLIER ROGERS & SARAH CHARLES LEWIS
- MAIN STAGE Show: SHENANDOAH CAST & CREW, MILTON
- CIRQUE WORKSHOPS for over 100 schools: MILTON
TRACK & FIELD
The Eagles traveled to Marietta for the 7th Marietta Distance Carnival meet to open their 2020 season. Sunny but cool conditions welcomed 28 schools to the Marietta Distance Carnival meet hosted by the Blue Devils.
The Lady Eagles of Milton (16th-5 pts) came away with a top-10 all-time school performance and showed their depth in the middle-distance events with strong very early season performances. The lone scorer for the Lady Eagles was junior Audrey Nichols. Her 4th place finish in the 2000m Steeplechase (8:26.03) was the 3rd best in Milton school history. Nichols battled for a top-3 spot most of the race in her first attempt at this very seldom run event. Milton's top finishers in the events contested included sophomore Ellie Dickinson in the 800m (31st-2:40.81), junior Clare Petkash (29th-5:54.17) in a personal best in the 1600m & junior Maddie Robertson (22nd-13:51.19) in the 3200m.
Milton (10th-12 pts) had superb performances in the 1600m & 3200m along with a scorer in the steeplechase to lead the Eagle effort. The 1600m event saw juniors Jack Petkash (5th-4:34.12) & co-captain Hayden Marshall (7th-4:34.86) both run personal bests after the race went out too slow. Marshall jumped to the front to increase the tempo which allowed both Petkash & Marshall to score and set big personal best performances! In the 2000m steeplechase, sophomore Davis Hobbs (8th-7:30.90) finished 5th in his heat in his debut performance at this rarely run event in high school competition. After waiting close to 8 hours to compete, senior Spencer Watry (4th-9:56.58) ran his debut 3200m race and came from behind on a furious kick to garner the Eagles top-scoring position of the meet.
The Milton Eagle track & field teams will next be in full-force on Saturday, Feb 22 at the Hornet 8-Way Meet hosted by Roswell HS.
On Saturday, February 15, Milton's Competition Dance Team competed in GHSA's State Dance Invitational. Out of 28 routines in the 7A Division, Milton's Pom routine placed 14th, and the Hip Hop routine placed 16th. Congratulations to our team: Alivia Siegner, Andrea Nieto, Anna Acosta, Catherine Hooker, Jocelyn Gillespie, Lauren Stone, Meghna Madhusudhan, Montana Coleman, Nysia Wilbert, and Randi Parks!
This marks the end of an exciting season for the Competition Dance Team. They have worked so hard this year are excited to see what next year brings. A special thank you to the seniors Randi Parks, Anna Acosta, Jocelyn Gillespie, Montana Coleman, and Alivia Siegner. You have been amazing leaders, and you will be truly missed next year!