04/12: All Things Academic for Rising 9th Grade Parents at 6:30 PM
04/14: Junior & Senior Prom at 7:30 PM at College Football Hall of Fame
05/02: Summer Job Fair - During All Lunches
05/24: Graduation Ceremony at 8 PM
Spring Testing Information
As we move closer to our 2018 spring testing window, we wanted to share with you some general information regarding EOC dates and tests. We will provide a more detailed schedule for EOC tests in the very near future.
Georgia Milestone EOC Testing Schedule:
April 23 & 25: 9th Lit & 11th American Lit
April 24: U.S. History & Economics
April 30: Algebra & Geometry
May 1: Biology & Physical Science
EOC Make-Up Sessions: April 26, 27 & May 2,3,4
Parking at Milton High School
Only students with a displayed valid parking pass are allowed to park on campus. Students without a valid parking pass and/or not parked in their assigned space will be subject to tow.
Parents/visitors who park on campus must park in visitor parking (first two rows on the stadium side) and check in at the front desk. Failure to do so may result in being towed. No one is allowed to park their vehicle anywhere on campus for unofficial school business unless given permission by administration. Failure to get permission may result in your vehicle being towed.
We have very limited parking on campus and we need everyone's cooperation. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Coach Sylvestri at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHEN: Saturday, April 14, 2018
TIME: 7:30PM to 11:00PM
WHERE: College Football Hall of Fame - 250 Marietta St NW, Atlanta, GA 30313
THEME: Touchdowns, Tuxedos, and Traditions
- Tickets will only be sold ONLINE! (No cash or check purchases will be accepted at any time)
- You must pick up a tangible ticket - an online receipt will not be sufficient to gain entrance to Prom
- Tickets will NOT be sold after Spring Break. The last day to purchase a ticket is April 1st.
- Students may purchase a maximum of 2 tickets.
- Purchases must be made by a Milton High School Junior or Senior.
- If you are bringing a non-Milton guest - a guest form must be filled out completely and turned in at the time you are picking up tickets.
If any information is missing, you will not receive your tickets.
- Ticket pricing is as follows (no couples pricing):
- Week 1: 3/5 - 3/11 = $50
- Week 2: 3/12 - 3/18 = $60
- Week 3: 3/19 - 3/25 = $70
- Week 4: 3/26 - 4/1 = $80
Milton Theatre Company Presents: Cabaret
Welcome to the infamous Kit Kat Klub, where the Emcee, Sally Bowles and a raucous ensemble take the stage nightly to tantalize the crowd – and to leave their troubles outside. But as life in pre-WWII Germany grows more and more uncertain, will the decadent allure of Berlin nightlife be enough to get them through their dangerous times? www.cabaretmusical.com
This musical will be presented in the Milton High School Auditorium, March 15, 16, 17, 22, 23, 24 at 7pm. Please purchase your tickets online at www.miltontheatrecompany.com.
Thank you to all who have already purchased their seats for Cabaret! If you have not yet bought tickets, please be aware that we have upgraded our ticketing vendor. We are now with Booktix. The first time you make a purchase with Booktix, you will need to establish an account. The link is provided below and also available through our website. https://mhsga.booktix.com. Tickets will also be available at the door.
In an effort to prepare for the spring testing season, we are asking that students update their school issued Surface tablets with needed software/security applications. Below are some simple instructions on how to accomplish this:
- Please restart the tablet while on a Wi-Fi network (Click the Windows icon, Click the "Power/Battery" icon, and tap "Restart")
- After restarting and logging back in with the students' Fulton County credentials, please click to start any needed updates.
(Click the Windows icon, click the "Settings" option, click "Updates and Security" and click "Check for Updates" and/or "Start Downloads" of any needed/available updates)
DRC Insight is the testing app that is used to administer the End Of Course Assessments in a secure online environment. We will be administering EOC tests to students this spring via the Microsoft Surface, so it is vital that students have this app installed using the directions above. If you need any assistance with this process, please see Mr. Tran or the Tech Eagle helpers at the Media Hub help desk. STUDENTS - PLEASE CHECK YOUR FULTON SCHOOLS EMAIL ACCOUNT FOR REMINDERS. (Students must access their FCS email account through Microsoft Outlook on their issued tablet.)
2018-2019 Course Registration
CLICK HERE FOR THE MILTON HIGH SCHOOL ACADEMICS PAGE
Your student has recieved their second course verification form. If they have not yet turned in their form, please due so in office 1380. Parents and students can click here to find important information and documents for the registration process. The Milton High School Course Offerings can be accessed from this page and should be referenced if you have any questions about courses at Milton High School next school year.
If you or your student has any additional questions, please contact your student's counselor or email Mr. Spierto at email@example.com.
Online Course Request Process
Online Course Request process for the 2018-2019 School Year:
- Students interested in taking an on-line course as part of their regular Milton schedule must pick up an Online Course Contract located in rooms 1320 and 1340.
- Contracts must be completed and signed by both the parent and student.
- Once the contract is completed and signed, please turn it into the student's counselor.
- When the contract is received, the student must register for the course they have selected on either the Fulton Virtual or Georgia Virtual web site.
- Once the contract has been received and the student has registered for their online course(s), the student's counselor will approve or deny that request.
- Approved requests will be placed on the student's schedule.
- NOTE: counselor will not approve or deny courses until the Online Course Contract has been received.
- Please see the following web sites for more information and course registration. Fulton Virtual School: https://fulton.geniussis.com/PublicWelcome.aspx
- Georgia Virtual School: http://gavirtualschool.org/
***Online Course Contracts will be available March 1st***
Dual Enrollment for 2018-2019
Students interested in dual enrollment for the 2018-2019 school year:
- Pick up a Dual Enrollment Fulton County Contract from room 1340.
- Complete the form with both student and parent signatures and return to Dr. Higgins in room 1340.
- BY MARCH 30 turn into Dr. Higgins proof that you have submitted an application for enrollment to the university.
- BY MAY 24 turn into Dr. Higgins proof that you have been accepted to the university.
- When proof of acceptance is turned in the student will receive a Student Participation Agreement and instructions for completing their on-line funding application.
- BY AUGUST 1 turn in copy of official college schedule to Dr. Higgins in room 1340.
- When the official schedule is received the student's Milton schedule will be updated to reflect the college courses.
- You can view approved college courses and their high school equivalents at the following sight:https://apps.gsfc.org/securenextgen/dsp_accel_course_listings.cfm
- Be sure to look up courses by the appropriate year, term and school you are interested in.
- DUAL ENROLLMENT REMIND ACCOUNT: Text @drjhigg to 81010
- Contact Dr. Higgins in the counseling office for dual enrollment support.
SGC Strategic Plan & Requests for Flexibility
The Milton SGC is in the FEEDBACK phase in our Requests for Flexibility(RFF) for the 2018-19 school year. Please click the links below to learn more about our 2018-2019 RFF's.
SGC Elections & Candidate Statements
It is SGC elections season. Elections will take place March 19-23 for parent/guardian representatives and teacher representatives. Each candidate has prepared a statement introducing him/herself and explaining why s/he wants to serve on the Council. As you prepare to cast your vote, please visit our school website at www.miltonhighschool.com
to learn more about the candidates so that you can make an informed decision about your Council representatives. Copies of all candidate statements are also available below (click on name to read). Hard copies of the candidate statements are available in the main office for your viewing as well.
Each parent will receive an email with a unique link allowing you to vote in this year's election. Please make sure the school has your correct email address on file.
3/19 MON: Baseball v Lambert @ 5:55PM
3/19 MON: JV Girls Tennis v Walton @ 4:00PM
3/22 THU: Baseball v Lambert JV 5:00/9th 7:15
3/22 THU: JV Soccer v West Forsyth G 5:55/B 7:30
3/23 FRI: JV Baseball v Forsyth Central @ 5:55PM
3/23 FRI: Girls Lax v St. Stephens St. Agnes (Legacy Cup) @ 4:30PM
3/24 SAT: JV Girls Lax v St. Stephens St. Agnes (Legacy Cup) @ 9:00AM
3/24 SAT: Girls Lax v Hinsdale Cent (IL)/American Heritage (FL) (Legacy Cup) @
3/19 MON: 9th Baseball v Forsyth Central @ 5:55PM
3/19 MON: Boys Golf at Big Red Shootout @ Chattahoochee CC
3/19 MON: JV Soccer v Forsyth Central B 5:55/G 7:30
3/19 MON: JV Boys Tennis v Walton @ 4:00PM
3/20 TUE: Baseball v Lambert 9th 5:00/JV 7:15
3/20 TUE: JV Boys Golf v Roswell @ Brookfield CC @ 3:30PM
3/20 TUE: Soccer v Forsyth Central G 5:55/B 8:00
3/21 WED: Baseball v Lambert @ 5:55PM
3/21 WED: 9TH Boys Lacrosse v Lambert @ 6:00PM
3/21 WED: Girls Golf Tri-Match @ 3:30PM
3/21 WED: Gymnastics Meet at Lovett HS @ 5:00PM
3/21 WED: JV Track & Field Region Championships at Lambert @ 4:30
3/22 THU: Boys Lacrosse v West Forsyth JV 5:55/V 7:45
3/22 THU: JV Girls Lacrosse v Blessed Trinity @ 5:00PM
3/23 FRI: Baseball v Forsyth Central @ 5:55PM
3/23 FRI: Soccer v West Forsyth G 5:55/B 8:00
3/23 FRI: Gymnastics Meet at Pace Academy @ 4:00PM
3/24 SAT: Boys Golf at Packer Invitational at Sunset CC
3/24 SAT/MON: Track & Field Region Champ. at Westlake @ 9:00AM/4:30PM
Congratulations to the Milton Winterguard for their 1st place finish at this past weekend's Flowery Branch High School competition!
Our Milton students did very well at the Fulton County Regional Science Fair and all of who entered a project will be going to the Georgia Science and Engineering Fair (GSEF) in Athens on March 22nd in Athens. Shreya Ramesh was a Grand Prize winner at the Fulton County Regional Science Fair and will be advancing to the International Science and Engineering Fair this May in Pittsburgh. She will be joined by Dr. Varsha Sonawane, Milton's Science Fair Coordinator. The title of Shreya's winning science fair project is "Predicting Parkinson's Disease using AI and Machine Learning." Shreya will also be attending GSEF where she will have the opportunity to win additional awards. Our other students who will be attending GSEF are: Divya Nori, Priya Soneji, Priyanka Akavaram Kareena Dash, Rachel Abraham, Akaash Dash, Aaron Fletcher Matthews
Congratulations to the following students that competed in the 2018 HOSA State Leadership Conference in Atlanta, Georgia on March 8-10.They will be advancing to the HOSA International Conference in Dallas, Texas in June.
Nisha Bhat- 1st place- Medical Terminology
Kareena Dash - 1st place Medical Spelling
Nicole Steel - 1st place- Researched Persuasive Writing and Speaking
Rhea Daswani - 2nd place- Behavioral Health
Natalie Miller - 5th place- Veterinary Medicine
Mara Zulfiqar - 5th place- Epidemiology
Aayush Patel - 11th place- Medical Math
Milton Girls and Boys tennis completed a huge weekend at the DecoTurf High School Championships. After being selected to play in the A bracket they completed 54 matches against some of the top players across the nation including teams from Illinois, California, Texas, and Florida. Both teams finished in 8th Place among a competitive field of 44 boys teams and 36 girls teams at the tournament. Impressive performance by Sherise Henning for defeating opponents from last years 7A state champions Walton and St. Andrews in hard fought matches. The team will complete one more week of region play before going into the region tournament March 26-28. Come out and support the girls as they take on South Forsyth this Thursday (3/22) at home.
Way to show that #eaglepride and #ReptheM
13025 Birmingham Hwy Milton, Georgia 30004 Main Office: (470) 254-7000Fax: (470) 254-2844 Guidance Office Fax: (470) 254-2888
| Milton High School Contact Info|
Follow MHS on Social Media|
Like Milton High School on Facebook for updates, announcements and pics!
Follow Milton on Twitter!