|5/7 - 5/18||AP TESTING|
|5/21 - 5/24||FINAL EXAMS|
|5/24||LAST DAY OF SCHOOL|
Advanced Placement Exam Information
If your student is taking an AP Exam, please click below to see the schedule with locations.
Testing Arrival Times:
Morning AP Exams will begin promptly at 8:00AM. Students must arrive to their testing locations by 7:30AM.
Afternoon AP Exams will begin promptly at 12:00PM. Students must arrive to their testing locations by 11:30AM.
Any student arriving late to an AP exam will not be allowed to enter the testing room once testing has begun. No Exceptions.
Students must arrange for transportation for all AP Exams. All morning exams will begin prior to the start of the regular school day. All afternoon exams will run past the regular school day.
Procedures For Students:
Prohibited items include (but are not limited to):
- Electronics equipment (cell phone, smartphone, smartwatch, laptop, tablet computer, etc.)
- Portable listening or recording devices (MP3 player, iPod, etc.)
- Cameras or other photographic equipment
- Devices that can access the Internet, or any other electronic or communication devices
- Books, scratch paper.
Students may bring the following items:
- Several sharpened No. 2 pencils (with erasers) for completing multiple-choice answer sheets
- Pens with black or dark blue ink only, for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams
- A watch that doesn't have internet access, doesn't beep, and doesn't have an alarm
- Up to two approved calculators (Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Physics, or Statistics only)
- Ruler or straightedge (Physics only), protractors are not allowed
- The AP Student Pack
Any students with special testing needs will receive instructions about testing locations. For questions, please contact Mrs. Morrison.
Milton High School is happy to offer students the ability to exempt their final exams as an academic incentive. Students will be notified the FRIDAY BEFORE THEIR TEST by their teacher if they are able to exempt their test or not. Below you will find the guidelines that determine if you are eligible to exempt a course:
- No ISS or OSS during the 2017-2018 school year
- 90+ average in the class you want to exempt - honors/AP points INCLUDED
- End of course tests may not be exempted.
- What grade levels can exempt? All grade levels.
- How many exams may be exempted? As many as the student is eligible to exempt
- Can I exempt an End of Course test? No. The EOC is a state mandated exam.
- Can I exempt a semester exam in an AP course? Only if you meet the eligibility requirements.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please see your grade-level administrator.
Parking at Milton High School
Only students with a displayed valid parking pass are allowed to park on campus. Students without a valid parking pass and/or not parked in their assigned space will be subject to tow.
Parents/visitors who park on campus must park in visitor parking (first two rows on the stadium side) and check in at the front desk. Failure to do so may result in being towed. No one is allowed to park their vehicle anywhere on campus for unofficial school business unless given permission by administration. Failure to get permission may result in your vehicle being towed.
We have very limited parking on campus and we need everyone's cooperation. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Coach Sylvestri at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Course Request Process
MAY 18 IS THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR MILTON ONLINE CONTRACT
Online Course Request process for the 2018-2019 School Year:
- Students interested in taking an on-line course as part of their regular Milton schedule must pick up an Online Course Contract located in rooms 1320 and 1340.
- Contracts must be completed and signed by both the parent and student.
- Once the contract is completed and signed, please turn it into the student's counselor.
- When the contract is received, the student must register for the course they have selected on either the Fulton Virtual or Georgia Virtual web site.
- Once the contract has been received and the student has registered for their online course(s), the student's counselor will approve or deny that request.
- Approved requests will be placed on the student's schedule.
- NOTE: counselor will not approve or deny courses until the Online Course Contract has been received.
- Please see the following web sites for more information and course registration. Fulton Virtual School: https://fulton.geniussis.com/PublicWelcome.aspx
- Georgia Virtual School: http://gavirtualschool.org/
Dual Enrollment Reminders for 2018-2019
- May 24 is the deadline to submit proof of your college acceptance for dual enrollment (Submit to Dr. Higgins in room 1340).
- Student Participation Agreements are due immediately. See Dr. Higgins in room 1340 for more information if needed.
GEORGIA TECH DISTANCE MATH REMINDERS: The application will be available May 15 to June 15. In order to apply, students must submit the following documents:
- Application for Dual Enrollment Admission
- High School transcript including spring courses and grades
- College transcript from any other institution attended
- Results from SAT or ACT sent directly from the testing agency
- AP test results from any subject you wish to pursue at Georgia Tech
5/15 TUE: Girls Lacrosse v Walton @ 6:00PM (Final Four)
Milton Students get Perfect Scores on the National Latin Exam! Congratulation to Jack Gordon and Ryan Ortwein for getting Perfect Papers on the 2018 National Latin Exam. Almost 150,000 students from all over the world took the exam this year, and less than 1000 of those scored perfect papers, with less than 50 in the state of Georgia. Jack and Ryan were the only Fulton County students to get perfect papers.
Congratulations to the Milton High School Jazz Band for a great performance on Saturday at Kennesaw State University. The band was invited to open for the Georgia Brass Band and Atlanta Wind Symphony at KSU's Bailey performance hall.
Way to show that #eaglepride and #ReptheM
13025 Birmingham Hwy Milton, Georgia 30004 Main Office:
(470) 254-7000Fax: (470) 254-2844 Guidance Office Fax:
| Milton High School Contact Info|
Follow MHS on Social Media|
Like Milton High School on Facebook for updates, announcements and pics!
Follow Milton on Twitter!
| MHS Partners In Education|