- Achieving an optimal level of fitness should give you more energy, better ability to deal with stress, and improve self image.
- Cardio respiratory fitness promotes good cholesterol levels.
- Achieving flexibility can reduce body fat.
- Achieving muscular fitness can maintain and increase lean body mass.
- It is recommended that people accumulate a minimum of 30-60 minutes of moderate intensity activity every day.
- To achieve greater exercise benefits, young people need to participate in at least three 20 minute sessions of continuous moderate to vigorous activity per week.
- Moderate exercise should burn 150 calories per day.
- Cardio respiratory fitness can help lower blood pressure.
- Controlling stress can reduce the risk of suicide.
- Achieving appropriate body composition cannot result in decreasing metabolic efficiency.
- In order to analyze your health, you must learn at least one test you can do for measuring each of the health- related areas of fitness. You should know how to measure the results and how to interpret the results.
- The reason for testing is to determine your strengths and weakness.
- The results of your health fitness tests are evaluated by comparing it to criterion referenced standards.
- The ability to continue using certain muscles for a period of time is muscular endurance.
- The amount of force which can be exerted by a single contraction of a muscle is muscular strength.
- The ability to perform vigorous, large muscle exercise over a long period of time is called cardio respiratory endurance.
- Body composition is the percent of body weight which is fat compared to lean tissue.
- It is not more important to compete with others to see who has the best scores.
- The best time to measure your resting heart rate is upon waking in the mourning.
- The pulse can be counted by applying light pressure to an artery. The best two places to take your pulse are radial and carotid arteries.
- Just knowing your weight can be misleading because the proportion of fat and muscles tissue is not indicated. Weight does not provide information on body fat evaluation.
- A 12 minute run is a test of cardiorespirtory fitness.
- The sit and reach test measures hamstring muscle flexibility.
- The instrument used to measure hand strength is dynamotor. The instrument used to measure skin fold is called calipers.
- Curl-ups measures the level of muscular strength and endurance of abdominal muscles.
- Gradual increase of exercise is over a period of time is called progression.
- A sufficient warm- up should be 10 to 15 minutes, and the cool down should last 5 minutes statement is not true. You should continue the cool down until your heart rate in under 100 bpm.
- The principles of training are overload, progression, and specificity.
- The ability to move your body quickly from one point to another is speed. The 50 yard dash measures speed.
- The combination of strength and speed in a movement is power. The standing long jump measures power.
- The ability to maintain control of the body wile changing direction is agility. Agility is the necessary skill related components is measured by zig zag run.
- The yardstick test evaluates reaction time.
- Coordination is the ability to use the senses to produce smooth and accurate movements. The alternate hand wall toss test measures coordination.
- Reaction time is the time required to start a movement after being alerted to the need for action.
- Control is not one of the principles of training.
- Increasing the difficulty of the exercise is called increasing intensity.
- When performance levels out for a period of time, it is called plateau.
- To improve cardio respiratory fitness, vigorous, continual workouts are recommended 3 – 5 per week.
- Training combining two or more types of exercise in one workout is called cross training.
- You should try to get in shape as quickly as possible by pushing your body as hard as you can: FALSE.
- The three general ways you can overload your body through exercise are frequency, intensity, time.
- The minimum duration of an entire cardio respiratory workout should be 30 minutes.
- The procedure of systematically preparing a person in the most efficient manner to perform strenuous work: training.
- The degree of overload determines whether your workout was intense enough to produce a training effect.
- Signs of overtraining can include: feeling anxious, chronic fatigue, and loss of weight.