Principal's Parent Update
September 25, 2017
This week, as always, there's a lot going on in Sparta including the birth of our newest Spartan yesterday morning - Catherine "Cate" Zachry to English Language Arts teacher Kristie Zachry and her husband. We're happy to report both baby and her parents are doing well!
- All students should have received their first 6th week progress report in homeroom.
- Senior Night for our Lady Spartan Softball Team is tonight at 5:30pm before the team takes the mound against Riverwood. Please come and honor these players.
Tomorrow - Tuesday, Sept. 26th
- We are continuing our Suicide Prevention and Awareness Activities. Students and staff are asked to help raise awareness in support by wearing Purple or Turquoise Tuesday.
- Tomorrow is Senior Night for Volleyball - the celebration begins after their 5:30pm game.
- Junior/Senior Parent Night is also tomorrow at 6pm in the auditorium. Learn about graduation requirements, preparing for college and careers, dual enrollment, HOPE, scholarship info and more.
Wednesday - September 27th
- Our first Super Spartan Parent Meeting is at 6:30pm in the Media Center. The Special Ed Admin Team will share with parents about how to navigate the IEP process and who to speak to when with concerns. SS Club President Betty Klein will facilitate a general discussion for all parents of exceptional students with disabilities. Save the date for meetings November 28 and March 20, 2018. A special end year luncheon will also be held. Hope to see you there.
Thursday - September 28th
Joint College Fair for North Springs and Riverwood from 6-8pm.
This is the 2nd year for this great fair with many college and university reps from across the country along with very informative break out sessions. Click here for more info!
Senior "Hot" Dates Set
- Check the For Seniors Only page for the latest dates and information. More dates will be listed once details are known and contracts are signed.
Prospective student/parent tours led by our Student Ambassadors begin October 5th. Please invite your friends and neighbors who may have future Spartans to check the tour dates on the website and register for a tour. Here is the link- which can be found from the home page- Quick Links - tour North Springs.
North Spring communicates with the community in multiple ways. Please follow us on Facebook, Instagram at northspringshighschool, Snapchat and Twitter @NSSpartans to stay up to date with all the great things happening at North Springs.
Scott Hanson, Principal
North Springs Charter High School
Follow us on Twitter @ NSSpartans or
click this link right from the home page
to see all that goes on in Sparta! Twitter is also linked to our school Facebook page. Follow us on Instagram at northspringshighschool!