Welcome to Northview High School!
"At Northview, we have a shared fundamental belief in Success for All
• All meaning not only all of our students, but our staff, teachers, parents and community
• Success meaning individual and collective success in the Academics, the Arts and Athletics
Northview has a rich legacy of success in these areas and we strive to build upon that legacy every day.
It is important to pause and celebrate the success that we have already achieved in those areas:
• Our SAT and ACT scores rank Northview as the #1 open enrollment school in the state
• US News, which uses a variety of data points to measure schools, has ranked Northview as the #1 high school in the state and a top 125 school in the country.
• Our athletic teams qualified for state in numerous sports and brought home our 17thstate championship
• Our Arts programs continue to receive local, state and national recognitions as our talented student body continues to inspire us
At the foundation of our success is the learning and teaching that occurs every day. We will continue to improve and innovate in this area as we reach success for every one of our students. We are making learning more personalized in order to achieve that success and you may begin to notice some changes as:
• Teacher and students are using google classroom to individualize the learning and communication
• Students choosing their own book to read in Language Arts class as the teacher works with them to improve their reading/literacy skills-which will impact learning across the school
• Teachers using technology to allow for faster and more personal feedback on our students growth and learning
At some point this year, we will be issuing a device, such as a laptop, chrome book or ipad to our students and staff to aid in our learning and success. We will undergo a process to determine what device will support our students the best and I will be communicating out more detail as we move thru the year.
IF we balance our teaching and learning in the classroom with continuing to create a student centered culture which supports the mental health and well-being of our students and reinforcing our 4 pillars of success…
THEN, we will continue to lead the state and nation in the Academics, the Arts and Athletics and we will indeed have Success for All."- Brian P Downey