Riverwood International Charter School prepares students to be confident, creative, compassionate global citizens through high expectations for learning, excellence in teaching, seamless curriculum, community service participation, and engagement of parents and community.
Magnet Program Information
The International Studies Magnet program allows students to become familiar with the cultural, geographical, and political diversity of the world, through an international lens. Ninth and tenth grade students receive a unique experience through the Middle Years Programme (MYP), an extension of the International Baccalaureate (IB) program. Magnet students receive instruction in all subject areas which meets Georgia curriculum requirements with a unique and rigorous internationally-minded lens required by IB.
Magnet students can choose to continue their studies in the eleventh and twelfth grades through the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (DP), or alternately through a rigorous set of à-la-carte IB; Advanced Placement (AP); World Languages; Humanities (English, Social Studies, etc.), and strategic electives. In addition, Magnet students earn a prestigious magnet seal, the Georgia Department of Education-approved International Skills Diploma Seal, and they receive special recognition at graduation.
Students may attend Riverwood if they live with a parent or guardian within the Riverwood attendance zone (view attendance map). Students who do not live in the Riverwood attendance zone may attend by applying and being accepted into the Magnet Program (see below).
International Studies Magnet Information
Students must meet the following requirements to be considered a Magnet student at Riverwood:
- Applicant must be a current 8th grader (High School Class of 2024) zoned to attend a Fulton County school or currently enrolled at Ridgeview Charter Middle School
- Applicant must satisfy the following
* Present at least an 80(B) in Language Arts, Social Studies, and World Language, based on first-semester 8th-grade grades
* Present at least an 80(B) in all other subjects, based on first-semester 8th-grade grades
* Submit the online application for Riverwood
* Submit all required supporting documentation including essay, transcript, test scores, and discipline record before January 15, 2020
- Magnet Program acceptance letters will be mailed to prospective students mid-February 2020