Students may use the Media Center for school related research using print and Internet resources, word processing and other related computer activities, quiet study, and book selection for academic or recreational reading.
The school library media specialists work with students and teachers providing formal and informal instruction in research skills, reading advocacy, and information literacy skills.
The instructional purpose of the Media Center is to ensure that Riverwood students become successful users of information resulting in information literacy. Students will learn:
- How to choose from a variety of sources for information to meet their needs
- How to access print and non-print resources efficiently and effectively
- How to discern a credible source from a non-credible source
- How to cite bibliographic sources from academic research
Students may access the Internet for academic related purposes only.
Riverwood complies with all Fulton County Board policy and procedures regarding computer and Internet usage.
Refer to the Fulton County School Board acceptable use policy and procedure located in the Student-Parent Handbook
- Library Book and Magazine Collection
- Multiple Online Resources
- Audio Visual Equipment