Welcome to the PTSA pages
The PTSA mission is to support the students, teachers, parents, and staff through fundraising, hospitality, and special programs and events geared toward improving the Riverwood experience for all. Please contact any member of the Board (listed in the Executive Members & Contacts tab on the right) with questions or comments, and to get more information about how to get involved.
2019-20 PTSA Parking Permit Auction
Didn't get a parking permit?
The PTSA will be holding an online Parking Permit Auction on Wednesday, August 21
7 am - 7 pm.
Instructions on how to participate can be found here
New Parent Coffee Thursday, August 22, 2019
New Cafeteria, 9am
For ALL parents of any
student new to Riverwood (in addition to parents of 9th graders).
Hosted by the PTSA, the Coffee begins at 9am in the new school
cafeteria. Please check in at the front office desk before proceeding to
the new cafeteria. Parents will have an opportunity to meet the new principal, Kindra Smith, mingle with administrators and other parents. Learn about volunteer opportunities and ask questions about extracurricular activities such as athletics,
clubs, and the arts. No RSVP required.
2019-20 PTSA Highlights
- Awarded five $1,000 college scholarships
- Awarded almost $20,000 in mini-grants to teachers for special programs, supplemental curriculum supplies, and more. These mini-grants make an immediate impact on classrooms.
- Launched the student mini-grant program. Similar to the successful long-running teacher mini-grant program, the PTSA opened up a formal procedure for student organizations to "pitch" funding requests
- The PTSA Hospitality Committee served over 1,300 meals, and countless teacher snacks, finishing the year with a faculty luncheon and a luncheon for the counseling department mentor/mentee program
- Continued the popular Chick-Fil-A breakfast for every student to kick-off exam week
- Provided a full slate of Senior Week Activities
- Supported new teachers, coordinated Teacher Appreciation Week, and much, much more!
The annual membership drive is the PTSA’s primary fundraiser, so please join at the highest possible level.
All donations are tax deductible to the extent provided by law. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Parent volunteers caring deeply about their children’s education
Teachers delivering the best education to students, and
Students working diligently to gain the most from their high school experience