The mission of the World Languages Department is to provide an enriching and engaging environment to develop effective communicators in a second language through the use of standards-based instruction in one the following languages:
- Chinese (Mandarin)
This is accomplished by further developing reading, writing, listening, and researching skills in the second language. Another goal is to instill a greater awareness of the student’s own culture while encouraging an appreciation of the target language's culture. The department strives to provide rich world language experiences which will increase each student's capacity to live, work, and contribute to a global society.
Did you know?
- Language study correlates with higher scores on the SAT and ACT?
- High school foreign language study correlates with higher academic performance?
- Language learning correlates with higher academic achievement on standardized test measures?
- Language learning is beneficial in the development of students’ reading abilities?
- Language learning correlates with a student's ability to hypothesize in science?