New Student Enrollment
Enrollment During the School Year
Welcome to Roswell!
Enrollment is by appointment only and scheduled Mondays – Fridays, 1:00 – 3:00p.m. Both parent/guardian and student(s) must attend. Please contact Student Services at 470-254-4608 to schedule a registration appointment. Follow the instructions below to promote a smooth transition.
According to Board Policy and Procedure JBC – "School Admissions," a student residing full-time within the Fulton County School System is eligible to attend a Fulton County school under the following criteria:
Requirements for All New Students
Prior to the enrollment appointment, parents and students are asked to:
Required Documents (items 1 – 7)
1. Ear, Eye and Dental Screening - A student, regardless of grade level, who has never been in a Georgia public school must provide certification of eye, ear and dental examinations on the Georgia Department of Human Resources Form 3300. Any child admitted to school without a certificate must present one within 120 calendar days. Forms may be obtained and completed at the local public health departments or physician offices.
2. Immunization Certificate - Georgia requires students to be immunized against measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, polio, whooping cough, tetanus, diphtheria, & hepatitis B. Children born on or after 1-1-06, require Hep A, and for Childcare & PreK only – haemophilus influenza (Hib). Immunization information must be on the proper Georgia Department of Human Resources form; these are available through the Fulton County Department of Health and Wellness or local physicians (Form 3231).
**Beginning with the 2014-2015 school year, Children born on or after 1-1-2002, in 7th grade or higher and students who are considered "new entrants" in grades 8-12 will be required to have Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) and MCV (meningococcal conjugate) vaccines prior to entering school. A "new entrant" means any child entering a Georgia school for the first time or entering after having been absent for more than 12 months or one school year.
3. Proof of Date of Birth - Students entering the school district for the first time must submit proof of date of birth to be copied by the school for placement in the permanent record folder. The school will accept evidence in the order set forth below that shows the student's date of birth:i. A certified copy of a birth certificate, certified hospital issued birth record or birthcertificate;ii. A military ID;iii. A valid driver's license;iv. A passport;v. An adoption record;vi. A religious record signed by an authorized religious official;vii. An official school transcript; orviii. If none of these items can be produced, an affidavit of age sworn to By the parent, guardian or other person accompanied by a certificate of age signed by a licensed practicing physician, which states that the physician has examined the child and believes that the age as stated in the affidavit is substantially correct.
Parents may be given up to 30 calendar days after the student enrolls to secure proof of birth date. It is the parent's responsibility to pay the fee and postage for obtaining such proof of birth date. Birth certificates for children born in Georgia may be requested from:
Georgia Department of Human Resources Vital Records2600 Skyland Drive, NE Atlanta, Georgia 30319-3640phone: 404-679-4701 fax: 404-524-4278
4. Proof of Residency - Per Board Policy JBC, "School Admissions," as of February 2015, persons enrolling a student shall submit two proofs of residency from the schools system's approved list of verifiable residency documents: one from the approved utility list and one from the approved residency list, upon new enrollment in Fulton County Schools or upon entry into Kindergarten, 6th, 9th grades, and when there is any address change. Both documents must contain parent or guardian's name and current address.
Appropriate records for verification of residency must include:
ü One current water, electric or gas bill AND
ü One residence document from the list below:
· Copy of home mortgage bill
· Valid Driver's License/ State ID
· Copy of home sale contract
· Section Eight/ HUD Housing Document
· Homeowner's/Renter's insurance registration card
· Current bank statement
· Current Paycheck
· Current HOA Bill
· Current Apartment/House Lease
If proof of residency is delayed, the student will be provisionally enrolled for a period of 30 calendar days. At the end of this 30 day period, if proof of residency has not been provided, the student may be withdrawn.
5. Social Security Card - Social security numbers are voluntary. Waivers are available in local schools. Applications for social security numbers are also available in local schools. A migrant number is acceptable.
6. Academic Records - If possible, please bring most recent report card, withdrawal form from previous school and/or transcripts. These are essential for proper placement of students. Students in grades 7-12 also will need copies of any discipline records.
7. Special Education Records - If your child is currently being served through special education, please bring all supporting documents with you to the registration appointment (including the most recent IEP and any eligibility information).