Welcome to Autrey Mill Middle School!
7th Grade Rock Eagle Field Trip Information
We are proud to offer the Autrey Mill seventh grade students an exciting and educational trip to Rock Eagle 4H Center. The Rock Eagle Trip will take place March 13th – March 15th in Eatonton, GA.
We will be leaving from school on March 13th and returning in the afternoon of March 15th. We will have approximately 25-30 staff chaperones accompanying the students. We will travel to Rock Eagle in luxury motor coaches.
The cost of the trip is $190. We feel all students will benefit from this activity; however, attendance is not required and in no way affects a student's instruction or evaluation. We do reserve the right to cancel this field trip if sufficient money is not available to cover all costs. Please contact Dr. Mimi Gamel (email@example.com) with any questions or concerns.
What to do now?
- Found on this website under "Quick Links" 7th Grade Rock Eagle Trip, you will find the Permission Form, Online Payment, Packing Lists and Medication Forms (if needed). Both parent and student need to sign the Permission Form. Please use the student's given name. The completed Permission Form and Payment are due: Friday, February 1st.
- All students must have medical insurance coverage to attend the trip. When completing the permission form, have your student's medical insurance information handy. If your student does not have medical insurance, TW LORD is a low cost option (1-800-633-2360). More information is available here.
- Cell phones do not always work very well at Rock Eagle. In case of an emergency, you can contact the camp at 706-484-2834 and leave a message with the office during business hours. After business hours, you may reach the night guard at 706-484-2821.
- It will be the responsibility of the parent/guardian to cover any costs incurred for damages caused by a student to cabins, equipment, or any other Rock Eagle property.
- Any student with three (3) or more afterschool detentions or one (1) or more In-School or Out-of-School Suspensions (during Semester 2), WILL NOT be able to attend the trip. If payment has been made, NO REFUND will be issued.
Parents of rising 9th graders,
All 8th grade students will attend one of three scheduled transition tours to Johns Creek High School during the week of January 23-25, 2019. Students will be assigned a day to visit the school with their first period class.
We are excited about the opportunity for the students to explore the school layout, learn about course offerings, and ask questions.
Please complete the form https://www.smartwaiver.com/w/588bb4a7e7c81/web/ by Friday, January 18, 2019, in order for your son/daughter to attend the visit.
Digital Citizenship Information for Parents