Rock Eagle Packing List
We are proud to offer the Autrey Mill seventh grade students an exciting and educational trip to Rock Eagle 4H Center. The Rock Eagle Trip will take place March 5th – March 7th in Eatonton, GA.
We will be leaving from school on March 5th and returning in the afternoon of March 7th. We will have approximately 25-30 staff chaperones accompanying the students. We will travel to Rock Eagle in luxury motor coaches.
The cost of the trip is $190. All students who would like to participate will be given the opportunity to do so, regardless of receipt of payment. We feel all students will benefit from this activity; however, attendance is not required and in no way affects a student's instruction or evaluation. We do reserve the right to cancel this field trip if sufficient money is not available to cover all costs. Please contact Dr. Mimi Gamel (email@example.com) with any questions or concerns.
What to do now?
Permission Form or Opt Out Form
- Found on school website (www.ammslions.org) under quick links Rock Eagle Trip. Both parent and student need to sign the:
The completed Permission or Opt Out form is DUE: Friday, February 2nd.
- All students must have medical insurance coverage to attend the trip. When completing the permission form, have your student's medical insurance information handy. If your student does not have medical insurance, TW LORD is a low cost option (1-800-633-2360). More information is available here.
Payment – Pay online or submit check.
All payments are due FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 2ND.
- Checks will be collected in the Front Rotunda each morning from Mon. Jan. 29th – Fri. Feb. 2nd. All other days, please drop off in the Front Office.
The above items must be completed in order to participate in roommate selection on Thursday, February 8th. Students who complete forms and/or provide insurance past the deadline date will be placed in rooms based on availability.
- All medications needed for trip must be in the clinic prior to the trip. The forms are posted on the school website under Clinic. Please contact the AMMS clinic with questions regarding medication.
MEDICATIONS and forms to be in the clinic by Friday, February 25th.
Authorization Medication Form for Field Trips –
The parent/legal guardian must complete an authorization and instruction form entitled
"AUTHORIZATION TO GIVE MEDICATION AT SCHOOL" by an assigned adult. For all prescription medications, a physician must also sign the form. A faxed copy of the form from your doctor's office is acceptable after the parent/legal guardian's signature.
-A separate form MUST be used for each medication.
-Only medication in its ORIGINAL container from the store or pharmacy is accepted
- AUTHORIZATION FOR STUDENTS TO CARRY A PRESCRIPTION, INHALER, EPIPEN, and INSULIN OR OTHER APPROVED MEDICATION (Fulton County approved medications: acetaminophen, antacids, aspirin, cough or throat lozenges, ibuprofen, Midol and oral antihistamines ONLY. Please note – these medications also need to be in the original container)
-Middle School students may carry Fulton County approved medications with them during the school day, on field trips or during other school-related activities, if parental permission is provided in advance on the district approved form (Form SHS-2).
-No doctor signature is required if it is only for approved over the counter medication. A doctor signature is required for Rx Inhaler, EPIPEN or Insulin.
Any student who receives a suspension (ISS or OSS) prior to the trip as a result of an office referral may be ineligible to attend the trip at the discretion of administration. This begins immediately.