It is our pleasure to welcome you to the 2015-2016 school year at Autrey Mill. The first day of school is Monday, August 10, and our school hours are 8:55 a.m. until 4:05 p.m. Our Sneak Preview will be Thursday, August 6 for 6th Graders and Friday, August 7th for 7th and 8th Graders.
Please plan to join us at the following times:
Thursday, August 6th 6th graders – 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
(Doors will open at 4:00 p.m.)
Friday, August 7th 7th graders – 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
(Doors will open at 8:00 a.m.)
Friday, August 7th 8th graders – 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
(Doors will open at 10:00 a.m.)
We know that many families have children in more than one grade level, but we ask that you adhere to this schedule so that we can ensure that the correct teachers are available when you come to meet them. Please note that you can come anytime during your grade level's time period. You don't have to be here right when the doors open. The entire process should take only about 45 minutes. Please plan to visit our wonderful school store during Sneak Preview – you can get all your school supplies at great prices in one spot!
Before Sneak Preview, we are asking that you read and complete several forms.
- Proof of Residence
- All sixth graders will need to bring two PROOFS OF RESIDENCE. The list of acceptable proofs of residence is listed below; you must bring one proof from each list in order to receive a schedule.
- Immunization Information can be found at this link. Please take the time to make sure your child's immunizations are up to date prior to the first day of school.
- AMMS Back to School Form – Complete this form online. The form includes Code of Conduct, Internet Acceptable Use, Google Apps and Internet Resources forms all in one form. This form only needs to be completed once. Eighth grade parents who completed the form in July do not need to complete this form again.
Intramural form (print from our website) – please read and complete if interested and bring the completed form with you to Sneak Preview.
If you plan to volunteer at AMMS, you must complete the Volunteer Training. All volunteers must have completed forms on file.
- JOIN AMMS PTA and COMPLETE YOUR DIRECTORY INFORMATION ONLINE before Sneak Preview, and go straight to the PTA FASTPASS line at Sneak Preview.
OR PRINT AND BRING TO SNEAK PREVIEW:
AMMS PTA membership form (print from our website) - please join at the highest level that you can afford. You are welcome to complete this form in advance, write your check to AMMS PTA, and bring both with you to Sneak Preview.
PTA Volunteer Form – Complete this form online.
Every membership matters! Help AMMS PTA obtain 100% participation from our families. Please note – if you join the PTA at the King of the Jungle, Diamond or Platinum Level, your lockers and PE uniform are included with your membership. In planning for the 2015 - 2016 school year, we hope that you will seriously consider joining the PTA at the highest level you can afford. We are proud that we do not have any additional fund-raising throughout the year and we are especially proud of the support that our PTA provides our school with your generous donations. Because of the generosity of our PTA, we have been able to expand our technology infrastructure throughout the school. It is our hope that we will be able to continue to increase our technology offerings for teachers and students, with your help. We promise that you will not be asked to sell or buy anything to help raise money for our school. Joining at the $150 level meets all of our 2015-2016 budget needs. Joining at the $75 level will help meet our basic budget needs. Please join PTA at the highest level that you can afford.
**NOTE: If you are a returning family, your information from last year will already be in the online directory – you will just need to edit it. The system automatically promoted students to the next grade level and deleted any graduates from last year. If you had a sole student graduate last year and now have a rising 6th grader, you will need to re-enter your directory information
Please read the following CAREFULLY, so that you'll know what to do on Sneak Preview day:
When you arrive, you will enter the gym or the cafeteria. You will need to visit both spots – but it doesn't matter where you start. Our advice is that you go to the area with the shortest lines!
IN THE GYM, you will do the following
- If you have completed all of the online forms & quiz and are a returning 8th grader, you will receive a "Ready to Roar" sticker that you will use to get your schedule in the media center.
- If you are a returning 8th grader and you have not completed your forms online, you will proceed to the "forms" line to complete the online forms. You will then receive a "Ready to Roar" sticker that you will use to get your schedule in the media center.
- If you are a 6th grader, you will present your two proofs of residency. Once you have presented proofs of residency and all of your forms are completed, you will receive a "Ready to Roar" sticker that you will use to get your schedule in the media center.
- Purchase a Yearbook (cost of Yearbook is not included in PTA Membership).
IN THE CAFETERIA, you will do the following:
- Go to PTA FASTPASS line if you already joined online before Sneak Preview.
- Join the PTA if you have not already, and confirm your Directory information.
- Pay for your PE and hall lockers. ($10.00)
- Pay for your PE uniform. ($30.00) PE uniforms are required at AMMS. If you are unable to purchase one, we will make one available for you to lease or borrow. If you have one from last year that still fits, you are welcome to use it again this year. You will also turn in your intramural form at the PE uniform table.
IN THE SCHOOL STORE, you can do the following:
- Purchase all of your school supplies, including locker shelves and accessories, in the school store! Pay no taxes, get great prices and support our school at the same time!
- Take your supplies right to your locker!
- Buy your team-color spirit shirt (your homeroom teacher can tell you your team name and color).
- Use your $20 school store coupon you got if you joined at the $150 level or higher.
IN THE MEDIA CENTER, you will do the following:
IN YOUR HOMEROOM CLASS, you will do the following:
- Get your locker assignment
- Verify all information – address, phones, emergency contacts, etc.
Please keep in mind that our parking lot is very small and that we expect large numbers of students and parents to attend Sneak Preview. If you live close by and can walk to the school, we would really appreciate it. Perhaps you and another family or two could carpool. We appreciate any consideration that you can give to our limited parking situation. Again, consider arriving later after some of the early birds have finished!
Don't worry if you're unable to make it to Sneak Preview. Many students will see the school and their teachers for the first time on the first day of school. We'll have administrators and counselors and parent volunteers available to help students find their classes and purchase necessary items on August 10th. Please bring the required documents with you that day.
The Autrey Mill PTA, administration, faculty, and staff are excited about the opportunities that await us as we continue to work and learn together. We encourage every parent to become involved during the 2015-2016 school year.
Trey Martin, Principal
Jen Freyer and Sheri Veal, PTA Co-Presidents