We hope that you are having a wonderful summer vacation! It is our pleasure to welcome you to the 2016-2017 school year at Autrey Mill. The first day of school is Monday, August 8, and our school hours are 8:55 a.m. until 4:05 p.m.
Our Sneak Preview will be Thursday, August 4 for 6th Graders and Friday, August 5 for 7th and 8th Graders.
Please plan to join us at the following times:
Thursday, August 4th 6th graders – 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
(Doors will open at 4:00 p.m.)
Friday, August 5th 7th graders – 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
(Doors will open at 8:00 a.m.)
Friday, August 5th 8th graders – 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
(Doors will open at 10:00 a.m.)
We know that many families have children in more than one grade level, but we ask that you adhere to this schedule so that we can ensure that the correct teachers are available when you come to meet them. Please note that you can come anytime during your grade level's time period. You don't have to be here right when the doors open. The entire process should take only about 45 minutes. Please plan to visit our wonderful school store during Sneak Preview – you can get all of your school supplies at great prices in one spot!
Before Sneak Preview, we are asking that you read and complete several forms. You can access the forms on Autrey Mill's website at www.ammslions.org.
- Proof of Residence
- All sixth graders will need to bring two PROOFS OF RESIDENCE. The list of acceptable proofs of residence is listed below; you must bring one proof from each list in order to receive a schedule.
- Immunization Information can be found at this link. Please take the time to make sure your child's immunizations are up to date prior to the first day of school.
- AMMS Back to School Form – Complete this form online. The form includes Code of Conduct, Internet Acceptable Use, Google Apps and Internet Resources forms all in one form. This form only needs to be completed once per family. This form requires both parent AND student(s) signatures.
- Personalized learning Device Permission form - Complete this form online. This form is required to be completed by both students and parents. This form outlines the parent and student responsibilities. This form requires both parent AND student(s) signatures.
- Digital Citizenship Training – All 7th and 8th Grade Students must complete in order to be issued an iPad.
- Digital Compass – Students play Common Sense Media's Digital Compass Simulation. Students can play online or install the app on any device. The simulation can take up to 10 hours, however it does not have to be completed in one sitting.
- Digital Citizenship Quiz – Complete this quiz online after exploring Digital Compass. Student must receive a minimum of an 80%. The quiz will be open July 13.
- Questions? Email Andrea Rioux, Instructional Technology Specialist, email@example.com.
- If you plan to volunteer at AMMS, you must complete the Volunteer Training. All volunteers must have completed forms on file. You must register each school year, registration does not roll over.
- JOIN AMMS PTA and COMPLETE YOUR DIRECTORY INFORMATION ONLINE. Just go to www.join.myschoolanywhere.com and enter the code AMMSPTA or click this link any time before Sneak Preview, and go straight to the PTA FASTPASS line at Sneak Preview. You may also PRINT the AMMS PTA MEMBERSHIP FORM from our website, COMPLETE, AND BRING TO SNEAK PREVIEW along with your check to the AMMS PTA.
All parents are encouraged to join at the highest level they can afford.
Every membership matters! Help AMMS PTA obtain 100% participation from our families.
**NOTE: If you are a returning family, your information from last year will already be in the online directory – you will just need to update it. The system automatically promoted students to the next grade level and deleted any graduates from last year. If you had a sole student graduate last year and now have a rising 6th grader, you will need to re-enter your directory information.
- PTA Volunteer Form – please complete this form online.
- Also, the eighth grade trip to Savannah will be coming up in November. Information was sent out via email last month (the letter and information is available under the "Georgia Trip" quick link on www.ammslions.org if you missed the email). The Permission Form and payment are due by August 19, 2016. Here is a link to the Georgia Trip Permission Form; complete this form online. Student number (lunch number) is required. Both student and guardian signatures are required.
Please read the following CAREFULLY, so that you'll know what to do on Sneak Preview day:
When you arrive, you will enter the gym or the cafeteria. Students who have completed all online forms and do not need to complete proof of residency will have the option of skipping the gym if their name is listed on the Ready to Roar FASTPASS board outside. We will have staff manning the board, giving out stickers to receive schedules, and directing these families to go to the Cafeteria.
IN THE GYM, you will do the following
- If you have completed the Back to School form online, Personalized Learning Device Permission form online, Digital Citizenship Quiz (7th/8th) online, and the Georgia Tip Permission form (8th) online, you will receive a "Ready to Roar" sticker that you will use to get your schedule in the media center.
- If you have not completed your Back to School form online, Personalized Learning Device Permission form online, Digital Citizenship Quiz (7th/8th) online, and/or the Georgia Trip Permission form (8th) online, you will proceed to a kiosk to complete the online form(s). You will then receive a "Ready to Roar" sticker that you will use to get your schedule in the media center.
- If you are a 6th grader or a 7th or 8th grader who has moved, you will present your two proofs of residency. Once you have presented proofs of residency and the Back to School form is completed, you will receive a "Ready to Roar" sticker that you will use to get your schedule in the media center.
- Purchase a Yearbook (cost of Yearbook is not included in PTA Membership).
IN THE CAFETERIA, you will do the following:
- Go to PTA FASTPASS line if you already joined online before Sneak Preview.
- Join the PTA if you have not already, and confirm your Directory information.
- Pay for your PE uniform ($30.00). PE uniforms are required at AMMS. If you are unable to purchase one, we will make one available for you to lease or borrow. If you have one from last year that still fits, you are welcome to use it again this year. You will also find an intramural form at the PE uniform table. You may take one to complete later or complete and turn in if your child would like to participate.
Please note – if you join the PTA at the King of the Jungle, Diamond or Platinum Level, your lockers and PE uniform are included with your membership. In planning for the 2016 - 2017 school year, we hope that you will seriously consider joining the PTA at the highest level you can afford. We are proud that we do not have any additional fund-raising throughout the year and we are especially proud of the support that our PTA provides our school with your generous donations. Because of the generosity of our PTA, we have been able to expand our technology infrastructure throughout the school. It is our hope that we will be able to continue to increase our technology offerings for teachers and students, with your help. We promise that you will not be asked to sell or buy anything to help raise money for our school. Joining at the $150 level meets all of our 2016-2017 budget needs. Joining at the $75 level will help meet our basic budget needs. Please join PTA at the highest level that you can afford.
IN THE SCHOOL STORE, you can do the following:
- Purchase all of your school supplies, including locker shelves and accessories, in the school store! Pay no taxes, get great prices and support our school at the same time!
- Take your supplies right to your locker!
- Buy your AMMS spirit wear.
- Use your $20 school store coupon you got if you joined at the $150 level or higher.
IN THE MEDIA CENTER, you will do the following:
IN THE GRADE LEVEL HALLWAY, you will do the following:
- Purchase locker ($10). All 6th Grade students will receive an individual locker. 7th and 8th Grade students will receive a locker on a first come, first serve basis and are allowed to share a locker. New lockers have been ordered and will be available for students who choose to share a locker at the beginning of the school year.
- You must have your schedule in order to purchase a locker.
IN YOUR HOMEROOM CLASS, you will do the following:
- Verify all information – address, phones, emergency contacts, etc.
Please keep in mind that our parking lot is very small and that we expect large numbers of students and parents to attend Sneak Preview. If you live close by and can walk to the school, we would really appreciate it. Perhaps you and another family or two could carpool. We appreciate any consideration that you can give to our limited parking situation. Again, consider arriving later after some of the early birds have finished!
Don't worry if you're unable to make it to Sneak Preview. Many students will see the school and their teachers for the first time on the first day of school. We'll have administrators and counselors and parent volunteers available to help students find their classes and purchase necessary items on August 8th. Please bring the required documents with you that day.
The Autrey Mill PTA, administration, faculty, and staff are excited about the opportunities that await us as we continue to work and learn together. We encourage every parent to become involved during the 2016-2017 school year.