Welcome to the "Parents" section of the CMS website. Here you can find information about the PTA, LSAC, general school policies, and links to important forms.
Upcoming Scoliosis Screening for all 6th and 8th grade students:
The Fulton County School System will soon conduct the annual mandated Scoliosis Screening Program on Wednesday, February 13, at Crabapple Middle School to identify children with suspected curvature of the spine. According to available information, it is known that two to three children out of every 100 may have Scoliosis. If this condition is detected early and appropriately treated, progressive spine deformity can usually be prevented.
The procedure for screening is a simple test in which the screener (nurse, PE teacher, coach, or trained volunteer) looks at the child's back in the standing position and in several bending positions. The screening is not embarrassing. Boys and girls will be screened separately. Girls should wear a halter, bra, or bathing suit top underneath their clothing on the day of the screening. Boys are screened with their shirts removed.
If your child has a suspected curvature, you will be notified in writing advising you of the findings and recommendations regarding follow-up. You will be advised to take your child to your doctor or healthcare provider for further evaluation. The school will mail letters directly to these parents.
Parents/Guardians: Attached you'll find the opt-out/do not screen form that must be signed and returned (hard copy)on the above mentioned date to your child's afternoon (PM) Connections teacher, if do not wish for him/her to be screened.
Do Not Screen Form 2019.pdf
Digital Citizenship For parents
Applying to Private School?
Each year, we have several families apply to area private schools. Please abide by the following guidelines for transcript and recommendation requests:
- Requests should be made at least 10 business days in advance of the due date. We cannot guarantee on-time arrival of documents unless this amount of time is given.
- Please provide documents pre-filled with student/parent information and signatures according to application directions. We cannot complete documentation unless all required information by the applicant is filled out.
- Please provide the appropriate number of addressed and stamped envelopes. Transcripts require a 9 x 12 envelope with approximately $2.00 in postage.
- All recommendations by school staff are confidential. We will not return copies of these documents to the student or parent. All confidential documentation will be sent to the school according to application directions. If the school requires an online application, CMS has no way of monitoring the completion or timely arrival of the application.
- Please sign the attached RELEASE of INFORMATION form allowing CMS staff to share information with the private school.
We appreciate your understanding of the above guidelines. We process several applications each year which requires that we have a process in place to honor requests in a timely manner.
If you have questions about student records, please contact Ms. Petrie Clark in the counseling office at 470-254-8332.
1. Step one: Download CMShuskypride from the App or Google Play store