CMS Summer Literacy Program
Crabapple is excited to introduce our Summer Literacy Program. Students can find out more information on the CMS Media Center website. We are encouraging all students to participate, but it is optional!
Fulton County Parent and Student Surveys
Dear Parents & Students,
In an effort to improve system practices, Fulton County School System is conducting a Student Survey (Middle and High). We value your opinion and ask that you take the time to complete this survey. Please be assured that your responses to this survey will be anonymous. Your honest opinion is appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.
Parent Survey Click Here: http://www.advanc-ed.org/survey/public/7210774
Student Survey Click Here: http://www.advanc-ed.org/survey/public/4748377
Parents and students are strongly encouraged to participate in this survey! Your feedback is valued!
The survey is active from now through Sunday May 24th.
Attention Rising 9th Graders! Earn High School Credits Over the Summer
Per Fulton County, rising 9th grade students can take American Government, Personal Fitness, or General Health over the summer. Students can take up to 2 credits online over the summer. A student could take 1 or more of these classes at the same time. There are no face to face sessions with Ga. Virtual School. Students can take the class while traveling over the summer! They just need access to the internet and have to log in 5 out of the 7 days of the week.
If your student is interested in Registration information...
Registration for summer 2013 is open from March 1- June 3.
- Students must log onto www.gavirtualschool.org to create an account. From the main page, they will follow/ scroll to the sentence that starts, “To begin your online classroom experience….” and click the link to make an account.
- The student MUST choose Roswell High School as their school (so RHS can access their final grade in July).
- Students will create an account and select the course(s) for which they want to register.
- Ga. Virtual will send an automated email to confirm the course is correct for the student. Below is the process used with the Roswell counselors and will be done the same for middle school.
- When RHS receives the email, they will look to see if the student is currently a Roswell or middle school student.
- If the student is a current 8th grader, RHS will forward the email to Jan Doetsch and ask two things:
- Confirm that the student is at CMS (because RHS won’t know which middle school they are attending and can only see they aren’t at Roswell)
- Confirm that the course is the correct course for the student.
- Once RHS has confirmed the course, parents can log into the site and pay for the course. Students may have a software release and/or waiver they have to submit electronically before they can proceed in the course. All of this information is online and RHS staff doesn’t need to access it.
Once the summer session is over, RHS can access student grades. The grades will be given to the RHS data clerk to upload onto each student’s transcript. If the student/family doesn’t indicate Roswell as their school, RHS will not receive the grade(s).
6th Grade Transition Information Available for Parents!
Administration and Counseling staff visited both of CMS's feeder schools, Roswell North and Mountain Park Elementary Schools, this week to kick off the transition season. They wanted to introduce parents to CMS and provide general information about the school. Below you will find a link to a copy of the PowerPoint presented both nights.
6th Grade Transition PPT
If you have any transition questions, please feel free to email Hina Patel concerning Rising Sixth Grade questions and Jan Doetsch concerning High School Transition questions.
Rising 6th Grade Transition Dates
- Tuesday, July 30, 2013 & Wednesday, July 31, 2013 (CMS): 9 am – 12:30 pm
6th Grade Summer Camp
Contact Hina Patel (Patel@fultonschools.org), the 6th grade counselor, if you have any questions.
North Springs High School Information for Rising 9th Graders
Please see the attachment for all information regarding important dates and deadlines for 8th grade students who may want to attend North Springs High School next fall. Contact Jan Doetsch (DoetschJ@fultonschools.org), the 8th grade counselor, if you have any questions.