Hello, Titan Community! February 10, 2015
During the next several months, we will be working with families as they transition to Elkins Pointe Middle School. We are dedicated to making this a smooth transition, and have ample opportunities planned for parents to come and see the wonderful things that we are doing at Elkins Pointe Middle School. Over the past several years, Elkins Pointe Middle School has celebrated great achievements. These achievements include but are not limited to students placing at regional and state level competitions in the areas of Science, Math, Robotics, Literature, and Music.
We hope that you will take advantage of our upcoming transition meetings to learn more about our school. These meetings include:
- Monthly Parent Tours on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:30 a.m. by appointment. Our next one will take place March 10. Simply contact our Guidance Department to RSVP.
- Our very own Pointe Team, comprised of current 6th grade students, will visit all three of our elementary schools on 2/24/15. These students will encourage your children to ask questions and get excited about middle school.
- On March 5th, we will host a Parent Coffee for Rising 6th grade parents at 10am @ EPMS. This coffee is a fun opportunity to learn more about EPMS and have a chance to ask questions.
- On March 19th, we will host a Parent Orientation for rising 6th graders, with a TAG meeting at 5:15 p.m. and the general meeting at 6:00 p.m. This will be somewhat similar to the March 5th meeting and will include:
- Curriculum descriptions and course offerings, including World Language and Continuous Achievement
- Explanation of our specialized services and support such as the Talented and Gifted program (TAG), the English Language Learner program (ELL), and the Program for Exceptional Children
- Explore the variety of clubs/extracurricular programs, including music, sports, and academic competitions
- A chance for questions and answers with administration and parents, as well as an optional tour
- Students are welcome to attend, but as it's mostly business; chances are they will enjoy their visit far more.
- Our current 5th graders from Mimosa, Sweet Apple, and Hembree Springs will visit EPMS in May. Students currently enrolled in another program are welcome to join on these tour days, by making an appointment with our Guidance office before May 1st. Students will enjoy performances by our music programs, meet the leadership team, and participate in student-guided tours around the school (with elementary teacher chaperones).
With a teaching staff of over 80 teachers, we strive to provide an individualized education to students. We offer Accelerated Mathematics Courses and Gifted Courses in addition to serving students in ESOL, Special Education, and grade level coursework. Our Music Program is award winning, taking home honors in every competition that they enter. Our World Language program performs well in the community, including nationally ranked results for our Japanese, French, and Spanish programs. I could go on and on about our achievements, but you will learn more about those with time.
You also can visit our web site at http://school.fultonschools.org/ms/elkinspointe/Pages/default.aspx for information on clubs, to view the parent calendar and past newsletters, and to sign up for upcoming newsletters by using the blue button at the top of our home page. We look forward to meeting you and discussing all that Elkins Pointe Middle School has to offer. In addition to the above opportunities for discussion, if you would like an individual meeting with me, please do not hesitate to call and make an appointment.
Every day we are empowering students for tomorrow's global society. If you are part of this community, or plan to be, we know that you will be proud to be a Titan, just as we are.
Proud Principal, Elkins Pointe Middle School