The Media Center is open every day from 7:50 AM to 4:05 PM. Before school, 7:50-8:35 AM, students need a pass which is available every morning in the front atrium. This time is for school projects, homework, studying, or reading.
The Hopewell Media Center has print books, audio books (Playaways), ebooks and digital audio books. All students have access to the Media Center resources via our home page and our online catalog, Destiny. Digital resources are available 24/7 for all students in the MackinVia online portal. Instruction in how to use all the Media Center resources is offered via whole classes, small groups and individually.
Hours: 7:50 a.m. - 4:05 p.m. Phone: (678) 297 3240 ext. 160
Whitney (Beem) Beck, METI Angela Spears, Media Parapro
Media Center Website
The parent presentation for Mackin and Overdrive was a great success. If you were not able to attend, here is copy of the handouts.
Media Center Policies
- Student Check-Out - 3 book maximum for a 2 week period;renewals available
- Periodical Check Out - 2 week period
- Playaway Check Out - 3 week period, with parental permission on file.
- Fines - Five cents a day per book.
- Students are required to pay for damaged and/or lost books
- No food or drink allowed (water bottles acceptable)
- Photocopying & Printing Available
- Fulton County Board of Education Computer Usage Policies must be followed.
Failure to do so will result in loss of privileges.
- All student accounts must be cleared with the Media Center before leaving Hopewell Middle School
Book Recommendations Form
Alpharetta Teen Book Club