Fulton County Schools
You are leaving the Fulton County Schools website. Please select continue to proceed to the requested page or you may close this window to stay on the current page.

Sign In

Fulton County Schools Online Enrollment

Fulton County Schools is making it easier for parents of new students to complete their child's registration for enrollment into a Fulton County School. Parents can access the easy-to-complete, online form on the right side of this page. This option allows parents to control the data supplied for their student's enrollment and provide for more timely processing of the enrollment request. Parents can upload copies of the required supporting documents in .pdf, jpeg, and .tif formats. A list of required documents can also be found on the right.

While this registration process will make it easier, parents will still need to bring their original to the school prior to the start of school. School personnel, must verify the authenticity of the documentation prior to enrollment being completed.

Parents must complete the online enrollment form to the right prior to attending the registration appointment. To schedule a registration appointment, please call Hopewell’s front office at 470-254-3240. We will not be taking walk-in registrations.

Student Enrollment

Registration is available by appointment only. To schedule a registration appointment, please call Hopewell's front office at 470-254-3240. We will not be taking walk in registrations.

Registration forms can be printed from this website.  Please note our new online enrollment process.

Access the online enrollment form here: Online Enrollment

All required registration forms and documents must be completed and brought to your registration appointment.  The student registration process cannot be finalized until all documents are submitted to our registration staff.

Registration Requirements

Proof of Residency

For enrollment address verification, TWO documents, indicating residence in the attendance area must be provided - NEW RESIDENCE REQUIREMENTS.

In February 2015, the district revised its School Admission Policy (JBC) for Residence Verification.  The policy no longer requires families to complete an Affidavit of Residence for every year of student enrollment.  Instead two proofs of residence (from the districts approved lists below) must be provided upon initial enrollment into Fulton County Schools or upon entry into Kindergarten, 6th grade, 9th grade, and when there is any address change. 

One current Water, Electric or Gas bill AND one Residence document from the list below. 

Both documents must contain parent or guardian's name and current address. 

​Copy of home mortgage bill​Current bank statement
​Valid Driver's License/State ID​Current paycheck
​Copy of home sale contract​Current HOA bill
​Section Eight/HUD Housing Department​Current Apartment/House Lease
​Homeowner's/Renter's insurance registration card.


Birth Certificate

Must be government issued; hospital certificates are not acceptable.

Social Security Card

Bring the original government issued card. Social Security numbers are voluntary; waivers are available. A migrant number is acceptable.

Proof of guardianship (if applicable)

Custody paperwork (if applicable)

Home Language Survey

In order to comply with State guidelines, we are required to have a Home Language Survey completed for each student registered in a Georgia Public School.

Immunization Certificate

Georgia requires students to be immunized against measles, mumps, polio, rubella, whooping cough, tetanus, diphtheria, hepatitis B and varicella. Form 3231 from the Georgia Department of Human Resources is the form used for documenting the immunization status for children who will be admitted to any school in Georgia for the first time on or after August 1, 2000. The form is only available at your Georgia licensed physician.

Immunization Requirements

Georgia's immunization requirements have changed for children entering 7th grade and for students who are considered "new entrants" in grades 8-12. 

Beginning with the 2014-2015 school year, these students will be required to have Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) and MCV (meningococcal conjugate) vaccines prior to entering school. A "new entrant" means any child entering a Georgia school for the first time or entering after having been absent for more than 12 months or one school year.

Immunization requirements have not changed for children entering prekindergarten and kindergarten or for those already enrolled in a Georgia school for grades 1-6 and 8-12.

Parents should plan to have their child vaccinated well in advance of the start of the 2018-2019 school year. Students will not be able to register or receive class schedules unless they submit proof of these vaccines. If you have questions, please contact your health care provider or the local health department.

Certificate of Eye, Ear and Dental Screenings

This screening is required for students who have never been enrolled in a Georgia public school. The information must be on a Georgia Department of Human Resources Certificate Form 3300 and must be signed by the Health Department or a licensed physician. 

Academic Records/Withdrawal

Schools will often send us records at a later date, but it is extremely important to bring valuable academic information at the time of registration. Bring the most recent report card, transcripts, and any standardized achievement test scores the child has had in the past two years. Please also bring your withdrawal form from your prior school (including address, phone and fax number of previous school). More complete information will enable us to efficiently provide accurate placement for your child.

Academic and Disciplinary Records Request

Please fill out an Academic and Disciplinary Records Request and include the fax number and address of the prior school. If there is more than one school attended within the academic year, please fill out two forms - one for each school. (Exception: If you are enrolling with us from another Fulton County School you do NOT need to fill this form out.)

Parent Occupational Survey - ​HERE

Travel Disclosure Form - ​HERE

Connections and World Language Options

Students may choose a general connections program or a performing music connections program. In addition, students have the option of taking a World Language in lieu of a Reading course if they meet the placement criteria.

Special Education

Bring the latest IEP from the current school. Contact the school IST for information in this area.

Talented and Gifted Placement

On school letterhead, the current school administration must state your child is currently enrolled in a Talented and Gifted program and state the criteria for placement. If you have an eligibility form, please supply it also. A complete testing history is needed. Have the school supply a list of the courses in which your child was enrolled. Supply placement information and grades in all core curriculum subjects. Only students enrolled in a gifted program within the state of Georgia will receive direct placement into the TAG program at HMS. Contact the TAG coordinator or see the TAG information on the Fulton County Schools website

Student Withdrawal

  • Hopewell Middle requests one work days' notice to complete the withdrawal process for a student.
  • Students are required to return all textbook and school materials, as well as to pay any fines, cafeteria charges, and/or lost book or CD fees before receiving a copy of the withdrawal paperwork.
  • Forwarding address, new school information, and parent signature are required on the withdrawal form.





Registration Requirements (Printable)
​Residency Verification FAQ
​​Health Registration Requirements
​Immunization Requirements
​​New Residence Requirements




 GA Work Permit Directions

* Work permits are required for all students under age 18.

* Students must be at least 14 years old to get a job in Georgia.

  1.  Visit the GA Department of Labor website at www.dol.state.ga.us.
  2. Under Quick Links, click on Child Labor.
  3. Under Resources for Child Labor, click on Online Work Permit.
  4. Click on Minor.
  5. Follow the steps to provide the required information.
  6. Contact Hopewell's front office (470-254-3240) to complete the next step of the Work Permit.

Questions?  Call Hopewell's front office,  470-254-3240.


© 2019 Fulton County Schools