NMS JUNIOR BETA CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT
NMS JUNIOR BETA CLUB will be accepting applications for the 2017-18 school year beginning in August, 2017. Deadline: Friday, August 25, 2017
Junior Beta is open to current 7th and 8th grade students meeting these requirements:
1. Minimum 88% GPA across Core and Connections classes (club sponsors verify)
2. 1's and 2's in conduct remarks each 9 week grading period
3. Complete 10 summer service hours prior to application. (Submit on proper form)***
4. Once accepted into membership: Complete 20 service hours each school semester for a total of 50 for the year. (10 summer; 20 fall; 20 spring)
5. No ISS or OSS assignments during current school year
6. Be current on membership dues ($30- new members; $15- returning members)
7. Miss no more than 2 meetings per semester-with written excuse. 8. Strive to participate in one Junior Beta Service Saturday per semester.
Applications are accepted in August of each school year. They are available in the front office or from club sponsors in room 915 and 815 beginning early August.
The NMS Junior Beta Club Meetings are the third school day Tuesday of each month from 4:15 - 4:55 pm in the Media Center; possible exception occurs in April due to Georgia Milestones testing.
An informational meeting for new members and/or their parents will be held Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 4:15pm in the media center.
Accepted members are announced via homeroom classes early in September followed by our first club meeting on September 19, 2017; 4:15 – 4:50.
*** Summer volunteer hours can be earned from any activity done without pay. For example, helping with the neighborhood swim team, vacation bible school or even chores for family, friends or neighbors for which they do not receive any pay. Tally Sheet Forms on NMS website page starting in late May,2017.
Mr. Myrthil and Mrs. Daniel
Contact either via e-mail. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Beta Club Tally Sheet