NMS JUNIOR BETA CLUB will be accepting applications for the 2018-19 school year beginning in August 2018. Deadline: Friday, August 24, 2018
Junior Beta is open to 7th and 8th grade students meeting these requirements:
1. Minimum 88% GPA across Core and Connections classes (club sponsors verify)
2. 1's and 2's in conduct remarks each 9 week grading period
3. Complete 10 summer service hours prior to application. (Submit on proper form)***
4. Once accepted into membership: Complete 20 service hours each school semester for a total of 50 for the year. (10 summer; 20 fall; 20 spring)
5. No ISS or OSS assignments during current school year
6. Be current on membership dues ($30- new members; $15- returning members)
7. Miss no more than 2 meetings per semester-with written excuse. 8. Strive to participate in one Junior Beta Service Saturday per semester.
Applications are accepted in August of each school year from new and returning members. Applications are available in the front office or from club sponsors in room 915 and 815 beginning in early August and Back to School Open House. Everyone submits a new application each year with the 10 summer hours – including newly inducted members.
The NMS Junior Beta Club Meetings are the third school day Tuesday of each month from 4:15 - 4:55 pm in the Media Center; possible exception occurs in April due to Georgia Milestones testing.
An informational meeting for new members and/or their parents will be held Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 4:15pm in the media center.
Accepted members are announced via homeroom classes early in September followed by our first club meeting on September 18, 2018; 4:15 – 4:50.
*** Summer volunteer hours can be earned from any activity done without pay. For example, helping with the neighborhood swim team, vacation bible school or even chores for family, friends or neighbors for which they do not receive any pay. Tally Sheet Forms on NMS blog page, link on NMS website right sidebar under parent information.
Mr. Myrthil and Mrs. Daniel
Contact either via e-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Junior Beta Club Tally Sheet