RCS UNIFORM POLICY
All students are required to wear the school uniform.
Note: If a particular item or style is not described, consider it as not allowed under these guidelines.
When in doubt…Don't Wear It!
To Be Worn Any Day of the Week:
School Colors: Red, Black, White, and Gray
1. Pants, shorts, skirts, skorts—
- Khaki twill, full length, straight leg only;
- Must be worn at the natural waist line
- No stretch knit material, no baggy pants, no sagging, no tight-fitting
- Skirts, skorts, and shorts are finger tip length
- Belts (school colors) are worn only on pants with belt loops
2. Polo Style shirts—
- Solid school colors, with or without the RCS school logo;
- Must have a collar and be able to button at the throat
- No other logos on shirt (Ex: Polo, names of stores, athletic signature, etc.)
- Shirts worn untucked should not extend further than the wrist.
- ONLY RCS t-shirts with official school logo sold at school
- Spirit Wear only.
4. Hoodies and Sweatshirts
- Plain or with the RCS logo only in school colors. (Ex: No name brands should be visible)
- Any shirt worn under sweatshirt must adhere to other shirt rules.
- Must not be longer than the wrist.
5. Winter Coats
- Can be any color
- May only be worn before and after school and during outdoor break.
- Only in school colors: Red, Black, Gray, White
- Closed toe shoes only
- No sandals, flip-flops, bedroom slippers
- No high heels
- No accessories are allowed: scarves, hats, and bandanas
- Undershirts should follow school rules for shirts
- No glitter, stitched designs, decorations of any kind (other than school logo) on any article of clothing
- No apparel which designates gangs or similar organizations; no drugs or alcohol; no weapons; no inappropriate language; and no images that refer to any of these things
ONLY To be worn on Friday
9. Solid Blue or Black Jeans—
- No ripped, shredded, or frayed jeans
- No jeans with any oversized logo, design, embroidery, or added decorations.
10. RCS T-shirts, Event/Athletic T-shirts, Hoodies and Sweatshirts —
- These can be regular school logo, music, sports, school-related events
- Riverwood shirts are allowed.
When in doubt…Don't Wear It!
ALL clothing must be the appropriate size for the student.
Students are expected to follow the dress code so that valuable instructional time is not spent examining student attire to determine appropriateness. Uniforms are available at the RCS Concession Store throughout the year.
Parents and students will be notified of exceptions to the dress code (Olympics, special activities). Halloween is not an exception.
Uniforms are available from Land's End and Buckhead Uniforms. Clothing, of approved colors and type, can be purchased at Target, Sears, Wal-Mart, Goodwill, etc. T-shirts and sweatshirts with the Ridgeview logo will be available at school throughout the year.
Uniform Infraction Consequences
1st Time – Change clothes; parent notified
2nd Time – Silent lunch/break; parent notified
3rd Time – Public Detention; conference with counselor or graduation coach
4th Time – Saturday School; parent notified
5th Time – ISS/OSS; parent notified