Pants, shorts, skirts, skorts—
- Khaki twill, full length, straight leg only;
- Must be worn at the natural waist line
- No stretch knit material, no baggy pants, no sagging, no tight-fitting
- Skirts, skorts, and shorts are finger tip length (top of the knee)
- Belts (school colors) are worn only on pants with belt loops
Polo Style shirts—
- Solid school colors, with or without the RCS school logo;
- Must have a collar and be able to button at the throat
- No other logos on shirt (Ex: Polo, names of stores, athletic signature, etc.)
- Shirts worn outside pants must not be longer than the wrist.
- ONLY RCS t-shirts with official school logo sold at school
- Spirit Wear only.
- Plain or with the RCS logo only in school colors (Ex: No name brands or logos should be visible)
Hoodies and Sweatshirts
- Plain or with the RCS logo only in school colors. (Ex: No name brands should be visible)
- Any shirt worn under sweatshirt must be school colors.
- Must not be longer than the wrist.
- Can be any color
- May only be worn before and after school and during outdoor break.
- Only in school colors: Red, Black, Gray, White
- Closed toe shoes only
- No sandals, flip-flops, bedroom slippers
- No high heels
- No accessories are allowed: scarves, necklaces, belts, hats, and bandanas
- No camisoles or undershirts that show any color
- No glitter, stitched designs, decorations of any kind (other than school logo) on any article of clothing
- No apparel which designates gangs or similar organizations; no drugs or alcohol;
ONLY To be worn on Friday
Solid Blue or Black Jeans—
- No ripped or shredded jeans. (no exposed skin through jeans)
- No jeans with any oversized logo, design, embroidery, or added decorations.
RCS T-shirts, Event/Athletic T-shirts, Hoodies and Sweatshirts —
- On Fridays these can be Ridgeview affiliated shirts in a variety of colors. (otherwise regular school uniform applies)
- Riverwood shirts are allowed.
When in doubt…Don't Wear It!
ALL clothing must be the appropriate size for the student.
Students are expected to follow the dress code so that valuable instructional time is not spent examining student attire to determine appropriateness. Uniforms are available at the RCS Concession Store throughout the year.
Parents and students will be notified of exceptions to the dress code (Olympics, special activities).
Halloween is not an exception.
Uniforms are available from Land's End and Buckhead Uniforms. Clothing, of approved colors and type, can be purchased at Target, Sears, Wal-Mart, Goodwill, etc. T-shirts and sweatshirts with the Ridgeview logo will be available at school throughout the year.
Uniform Infraction Consequences
1st Time – Change clothes; parent notified
2nd Time – Office Referral; Public Detention; parent notified
3rd Time – Office Referral; Public Detention; conference
4th Time – Office Referral; Saturday School; parent notified
5th Time – Consequences for Insubordination