ENVIRONMENTS (Area Of Interaction)
RIDGEVIEW CHARTER MIDDLE SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY
All students are required to wear the school uniform.
Note: If a particular item or style is not described,
consider it as not allowed under these guidelines.
To Be Worn Any Day of the Week:
School Colors: Red, Black, White, and Gray
1. Pants, shorts, skirts, skorts—
- Khaki twill, full length
- Must be worn at the natural waist line
- No stretch knit material, no baggy pants, no sagging, no tight-fitting
- Skirts, skorts, and shorts reaching four fingers width above the knees
- Belts are worn only on pants with belt loops
2. Polo shirts—
- Solid school colors, with or without the RCS school logo;
- Must have a collar and be able to button at the throat
- No other logos on shirt
- Shirts worn outside pants must not be longer than the wrist.
- ONLY RCS t-shirts with official school logo sold at school
4. Hoodies and Sweatshirts—
- Plain or with the RCS logo only in school colors.
- Any shirt worn under sweatshirt must be school colors
5. Winter coats
- Can be any color
- May only be worn before and after school and during outdoor break.
6. Socks –
- Only in solid school colors: Red, Black, Gray, White
- No patterns, no designs
- Closed toe shoes only
- No sandals, flip-flops, bedroom slippers, slip-on shoes
- No accessories are allowed: scarves, necklaces, belts, hats
- No camisoles or undershirts that show any color
- No glitter, tip stitched designs, decorations of any kind (other than school logo) on any article of clothing
- No apparel which designates gangs or similar organizations; no drugs or alcohol
ONLY To be worn on Friday:
9. Solid Blue Jeans or Black Jeans—
- No ripped jeans
- No jeans with any oversized logo, design, embroidery, or added decorations.
10. RCS T-shirts, Event/Athletic T-shirts, Hoodies and Sweatshirts —
- These can be regular school logo, music, sports, school-related events
- Riverwood shirts are allowed.
If You Are Not Sure, Do Not Wear It!
ALL clothing must be the appropriate size for the student. Students are expected to follow the dress code so that valuable instructional time is not spent examining student attire to determine appropriateness. Uniforms are available at the RCS Concession Store throughout the year.
Parents and students will be notified of exceptions to the dress code (Olympics, special activities). Halloween is not an exception.
Students are expected to follow the RCS uniform code at all times. If students come to school out of uniform, the following disciplinary actions will be taken:
- 1st Offense: Change of clothes; Parent will be notified by phone.
- 2nd Offense: Silent Lunch/Break; Parent notified by phone.
- 3rd Offense: Silent Lunch/Break; Conference with Counselor and/or Graduation Coach.
- 4th Offense: Public Detention; Parent Notification letter.
- 5th Offense: ISS (In School Suspension); Parent Notification letter.
Sagging Pants Violations: on 2nd Offense will be assigned ISS (In School Suspension)