Ridgeview Charter Middle School requires parents to participate in at least ten hours of approved parental involvement or volunteer activities per academic year per family. We believe that parental involvement in a student's life is the basis for the academic success of the child and, for this reason, it is a requirement of our charter. There are many opportunities to fulfill this obligation.
- SINGLE EVENT OPPORTUNITIES: Pantherpalooza in September, Book Fair in the Fall, Career Day in the Spring, Olympics during the last week of school, Open House , Picture Day in the Fall and Spring, Scoliosis Screening in January or February, assisting in general tidying up in the building and outside.
- GRADE SPECIFIC OPPORTUNITIES: For example, 8th Grade Dance Setup in May, 8th Grade Dance Chaperon in May, 8th Grade Picnic in May.
- MULTIPLE DAY OPPORTUNITIES: Concession Stand Monday through Thursday from 3:45-3-55, Hospitality, Landscape/Hands on Atlanta in the fall and spring, Copy materials for teachers on Thursdays.
- ACTIVITIES OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL: Work on a volunteer task at home, decoration of bulletin boards, classroom helper, PTA related work, cooking or baking for school event, shopping for classroom events, attending community meetings, RCS Foundation related work.
- ATTEND ACTVITIES: PTA Meetings, Concerts, Workshops, Parent/Teacher Conferences, Sport Events. We believe that when parents actively participate in school activities, their children and the school benefit immensely. Check out our school calendar on this website.
(New for 2014-2015 School Year)
How do I become a volunteer?
- Register at the Fulton County Schools Volunteer Page.
- Complete the mandatory online training.
- Complete the volunteer application.
- Wait for a confirmation email from Fulton County Schools.
- Visit the school and begin volunteering.
||Volunteer Hours Status |
Please click on Records Request to email Lynn Woodruff for total volunteer hours submitted for school year. Please include your name and name of student(s).