FRONT OFFICE PROCEDURES
Parents – we need your support with some of our office procedures. We want to stress to our students the importance of uninterrupted instruction. Please help us with the following:
- Student dismissals/checkouts must occur before 3:30. Please plan accordingly with appointments – understanding parking, bus and carpool traffic. We will not call students out after 3:30 time unless it is an emergency and is approved by an administrator. If you are checking out during P.E., Adventure Quest or Health you will need to allow extra time. Your child could be outside and that could delay dismissal.
- All check outs require a photo ID.
- If your child is going to be checked out by another person other than you that is not on your emergency contact list, we will need a note from you, and they will be asked to show a photo ID.
- If you have a message or item for your student (not including lunch), we will put your student's name on the board to pick it up. We will not be calling students to the office during class time, as it is disruptive to the learning environment for the students and the teachers. Any change to this expectation requires administrator approval.
- Since students do not have their cell phones during the school day, remind your child to leave a message when they call using the school line. That way, you would not worry when you see a missed call.
Taylor Road Tips from the Front Office
Late Arrival – If it is after 9:15, and your child does not have a note from a doctor, please come to the front office and check them in.
Early Dismissal –Please have your child bring a note to the front office. 6th grade, your connection classes are at the end of the day. If you have PE you may want to pick them up before class starts. They could be outside and that could delay your dismissal. To avoid any delay due to traffic issues we recommend that you pick up your child by 3:45. All check outs require a photo ID.
If your child is going to be checked out by another person other than you that is not on your emergency contact, we will need a note from you and they will be asked to show a photo ID.
Dropping off items – We will no longer be putting names on the message board for lunch drop offs. Please make sure your student knows to check with the front office if they have forgotten their lunch.
Cell Phones – Since students will not have their cell phones during the school day, it would be helpful if they could memorize your phone numbers if they need to use the phone in the front office.
Parking – You may park in any spaces in front of the school. Please don't park in the carpool drop off area or the bus loading area at the side of the school.
Transportation Changes – If your child will ride a different bus home you will need to send in a handwritten note with the child the morning of with the name of the child and bus number. We will approve it and your child will give it to the bus driver at dismissal.
We are excited to start our school year and hope these tips will be helpful!