Taylor Road Middle School is a team of educators, parents and community members committed to young adolescents. By providing knowledge and skills that promote greater academic achievement, personal growth, global awareness and opportunities for success in a safe and positive environment, our students will be prepared for the future. A strong academic program which highlights social diversity will reaffirm cultural differences and the common values that hold our society together. As we strive to develop a strong school community, our students will become responsible young citizens who can adapt to an ever-changing world.
1. The school is a partnership of educators, parents, students, and community members.
2. Young adolescence is a developmental stage that requires special attention.
3. All students can learn skills, concepts, attitudes and values necessary to be successful at school and ultimately in adult life.
4. Students learn best in a safe, positive environment which respects cultural differences.
5. Diversity is a strength.
6. There is a set of core values that holds our society together and that should be stressed to students.
7. We live in a global society that is rapidly changing.