Webb Bridge Middle School, which opened on September 3, 1996, is located in northeast Fulton County approximately two miles east of Highway 400 and south of the Forsyth County line. The bridge, which spans Big Creek just west of the school, was named for several Webb families who have lived in the area since the 1840's. Prominent among these families was Reverend John M. Webb who lived in a log home east of the post office on Webb Bridge Road and made his living as a Baptist preacher, teacher, and farmer. Wounded during the Civil War, he became known as a self-educated man with an affinity for Latin and Cicero. Teaching in a building on Jones Bridge Road near Clear Springs Church, he began an educational legacy that continues its positive influence to this day.
Among Reverend Webb’s four children, his son, Bill, helped build what later became Amy L. Dodd School. Succeeding generations of the Webb family have served as educators in Fulton County and as contributing members of the Alpharetta business community. The school is named for these several generations of the Webb family who have richly contributed to the Alpharetta community