The Office of Student Discipline (OSD) provides advice, resources and advocacy to ensure that our every growing school district as a unified focus in providing a safe, nurturing and well-disciplined environment for all of our students and employees.
Is that all discipline processes, procedures and resources will promote student self-discipline and academic achievement.
To advocate and impose discipline in a manner that promotes self-discipline so that all students, specifically students will discipline issues, will be educated to be responsible, productive citizens.
We believe in:
- Proactive Discipline (prevention and intervention)
- Positive School Climate
- Appropriate Consequences (not punishment)
- Trust and Honest Communication
- Common Understanding
- Personal Responsibility
- Measured Results
- Continuous Improvement
- Stakeholder Partnership/Participation
- Transparency and Accountability
- The ultimate goal of discipline is self-discipline
- Violations of the Student Code of Conduct require imposition of appropriate consequences
- School attendance is imperative for high student achievement
- Like academics, positive behavior is taught and modeled
- All students can learn