Exemplifying Excellence Every Day!
December 4, 2015
Dear Jaguar Families:
I hope you all enjoyed the Thanksgiving holidays, spending time with family and friends. These three weeks between Thanksgiving and the winter break are always busy ones around WBMS. Our seventh graders had their annual Desktop Stores entrepreneurial event today and it was quite successful. We have several field trips next week, and students are busy preparing for their final exams.
What's happening around the school?
Device Selection Update: As you are aware, WBMS has chosen the Microsoft Surface 3 tablet. The district is working with Microsoft with some imaging issues to make sure that the tablet works effectively and efficiently with our school network. Our delivery for students has been pushed back to January and this is to ensure that everything is in full working order with our network before rolling out devices to students. As a reminder, many of our students have expressed concern about keeping all the pieces and parts together. We have ordered bags for all of our students to give to them with their device so that they can keep everything together. Our thought is that if the students are not using their device, it will be put away in their bag.
• ACTION ITEM:
- User Agreement Forms/Parent and Student agreement information: The district documents for device agreement and release are again attached to this week's Friday Notes School Messenger. Please sign and return the parent and student pages to the JAG Homeroom Teacher no later than December 10. A device will not be issued to a student without this signed documentation on file. In the attached Personalized Learning Device User Agreement, there are several components which include guidelines, rules, procedures and information that needs to be reviewed, signed and returned by parents and students before a device is issued to our students.
- Please sign and return the following pages to your child's JAG Homeroom teacher by Thursday, December 10, 2015.
1. The Student Pledge Signature Page
2. The Parent Permission and Release Page
Sharing Good News:
- 7th Grade Desktop Stores occurred today and the students (and parents) were shopping wildly, looking for their best deals. I came away with a beautiful hand-crafted painting that I plan to display in my office. The talent of our students astounds me…..the things they think of is really quite amazing!
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- 12/15 Final Exams: Reading, World Language, & Science
- 12/16 Final Exams: Math & Health
- 12/17 Final Exams: Social Studies and Language Arts
- 12/21-1/5 Winter Break
Follow on twitter: https://twitter.com/opferman1