In support of the National PTA's Nutrition and Wellness Platform,
AHE PTA will strive to:
- Heighten faculty, parent and student awareness of the risks of poor nutrition and physical activity.
- Develop solid programs to help decrease our children's risks for obesity, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, depression, breast cancer and arthritis due to poor nutrition and physical activity.
- Decrease the risk of slower brain development and poor school performance through improved nutrition and physical activity.
- Increase our children's water intake.
- Decrease our children's junk food intake. Increase our children's amount and level of physical activity. Instill a sense of being healthy in our children.