Seaborn Lee Elementary School's mission is to provide quality instruction for every child in a safe, nurturing environment, with support from home, school and community. Students are encouraged to be life long leaders and productive citizens in our technologically-advanced and diverse society. Community involvement continues to be an integral part of Seaborn Lee ES.
E3: Expect Excellence Everyday!
* All children can learn in a climate that promotes excellence.
* Parents and community play a critical role in the success of our school.
* Students learning is the driving force for all decisions made at the school level.
* Curriculum and instructional practices incorporate a variety of learning activities and current technology to accommodate differences in learning styles.
* Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
* It is our role to help develop our student's social, emotional, and physical growth as well as encourage acceptance of diversity.
I have only just a minute, only sixty seconds in it, forced upon me, can’t refuse it, didn’t seek it, didn’t choose it, but it’s up to me to use it. I must suffer if I lose it, give account if I abuse it. It’s only just a minute but eternity is in it. (Benjamin E Mays)
Seaborn Lee Elementary School was dedicated in November, 1970. The school was built on twenty acres of land donated to the Fulton County Board of Education by the family of Dr. Seaborn Lee, a prominent local physician in the early 1900's. The school contained grades one through seven and had twelve classrooms. In 1972, twelve additional classrooms and an enlarged media center were completed. Kindergarten was added in 1979. Six years later when the sixth and seventh graders were moved to Camp Creek Middle School, a K-5 organizational pattern was formed. In 2003, Seaborn Lee has 25 general education classes, two full time special needs classrooms, an art, music, and physical education teachers on staff.