Parent Meeting, September 18, 2019
8th Grade South Georgia Trip November 2019
- Trip Dates: Wednesday, November 20th to Friday, November 22nd
- October 1, 2019 – Deposit of $150 (payable online or in person – cash or money order only), Permission Slip, and any Medical Forms Due to Angela Spears in the HMS Front Office
- October 15, 2019 – Second Payment of $150 Due (online or deliverable to Angela Spears in the HMS Front Office – cash or money order only)
- November 1, 2019 – Third Payment of $115 (online or deliverable to Angela Spears in the HMS Front Office – cash or money order only)
- November 20, 2019 – Buses Leave Before School for the Trip
- November 22, 2019 – Buses Arrive Back from Trip in the Afternoon
- $415 - Wednesday, November 20 to Friday, November 22, 2019
- $80 – Full trip refund option (in addition to the cost of the trip)
- Payments are made online through our online payment system OR via cash or money order
- Trip costs include transportation, hotel, a t-shirt for identification purposes, and three meals per day while we are in South Georgia.
- Trip costs DO NOT include breakfast or lunch the first day (please provide a sack breakfast and lunch that day that can be taken on the bus) OR spending money
Academic and Behavior Requirements
It is necessary for students to meet certain criteria to be eligible to go on the trip. These standards ensure the educational quality of the trip and the safety of all students.
· Academic Requirements: The academic performance of a student should reflect a positive effort. The team and special area teachers directly involved in the student's instructional program will verify the student's effort.
· Conduct Requirements: The conduct of the student should demonstrate that s/he is a responsible individual and must comply with the school's rules and policies. An ISS or OSS can result in ineligibility.
· Final Decision: The administration of the school reserves the right to make the final decision about the eligibility of the student.
Trip Website Information
Please visit Hopewell's main page and find "8th Grade Trip" in the gray navigation bar (with drop-down menu) to find all information related to the trip. Coming soon!111
Procedures for Registration (Also Found on the Trip Website)
Step 1: Review Parent/Guardian Informational Letter Found on the 8th Grade Trip Website
Step 2: Print and Sign the Permission Slip/Medical and Movie Consent Form
Print and sign the permission slip found on the trip website (or you can pick-up one in the HMS
front office). Please be sure to include a valid e-mail address and phone number at the bottom of
the permission slip.
Step 3: Pay Deposit
* Can be paid online via trip website OR cash or money order payable to Hopewell Middle School
or HMS and turned into the HMS front office)
*The Permission Slip/Medical and Movie Consent Form MUST be turned in as soon as you pay the
deposit of $150 (or full trip amount).
Step 4: Return Signed Permission Slip to Angela Spears in the HMS Front Office
Step 5: Medical Forms (Should be Turned in with Permission Slip to the HMS Front Office)
*Please only turn in a medical form if your student needs to be administered medication by a
chaperone OR if your student needs to carry a medication
*There are two different forms that can be turned in. Please see the D.C. trip website for more
*Students who already have prescription medications on file in the school clinic are able to use their
existing forms and medications. We will gather the correct forms from the clinic and send them on
the trip with students the day of the trip.
Step 6: Registration Complete
*Your registration is complete when you have turned in a permission slip, paid at least the trip
deposit, AND you receive an e-mail from Angela Spears (firstname.lastname@example.org) letting you
know we received both items.
- Students will choose roommates after we have received all payments for the trip
- Students get to choose their roommates, 4 to a room only
- Students will wear bright lanyards provided by the touring company, and they will wear a school-provided t-shirt when they are off the bus and touring on River Street (this is for identification purposes). They will receive the t-shirt while we are on the trip.
- Our tour company contracts with a security agency to secure hotel rooms at night. There will be two security guards per floor who stand watch over student rooms from the time we arrive back at the hotel in the evening until our morning wake-up call.