The Student Discipline Prevention and Intervention Department (SDPI) provides advice, resources and advocacy to ensure that our ever growing school district has a unified focus in providing a safe, nurturing and well-disciplined environment for all of our students and employees. SDPI supports school staff and administrators to build capacity and restoratively improve school climate and culture through positive behavior interventions and supports and fair discipline processes and procedures.
Is that all discipline processes, procedures and resources will promote student self-discipline and academic achievement.
To advocate and impose discipline in a manner that promotes self-discipline so that all students, specifically students with discipline issues, will be educated to be responsible, productive citizens.
We Believe In:
- Proactive Discipline (prevention and intervention)
- Positive School Climate
- Appropriate Consequences (not punishment)
- Trust and Honest Communication
- Common Understanding
- Personal Responsibility
- Measured Results
- Continuous Improvement
- Stakeholder Partnership/Participation
- Transparency and Accountability
- The ultimate goal of discipline is self-discipline
- Violations of the Student Code of Conduct require imposition of appropriate consequences
- School attendance is imperative for high student achievement
- Like academics, positive behavior is taught and modeled
- All students can learn
Electronic Signature of Code of Conduct
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF ELECTRONIC RECEIPT OF THE
STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT
This year, the District is making its Student Code of Conduct & Discipline Handbook (the Handbook) available online and via email. A copy is available on the District website. If you would like a paper copy of the Handbook, pick one up in the school's front office, or have your student pick one up from the front office. Please complete and return this form to Acknowledge Receipt of the electronic version of the 2018-2019 Handbook.